All reviewswafflesindoor poolthird floorbiscuits and gravyoregon coastparking lot leveltop floorocean viewroom was cleangreat place to stayno elevatorhot tubgreat viewprivate balconyrooms are largewould stay againfree breakfast
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Stayed here while doing a road trip with the family. The room was specious and the view was breathtaking. Front desk staff were very friendly. Beach was stunning!
Our only complaint is that the roll-away bed was old and extremely uncomfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the middle floor and the view was spectacular.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2017

On the ocean, beautiful view, large comfy room. The room came with a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and free Wi-Fi. Remodeling has been going on so there wasn't a screen on the balcony door, and one of the beds had an issue, once those are fixed I'll jump up to excellent. Free breakfast was offered. Waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit and such, that was good. Not a lot of room in the dinning area. They asked that you not take the food to your room. I don't know if that was because of the real plates or for food cost, (maybe feeding a non guest}. I meant to ask if we brought in our own plate if that would be ok, but forgot to. But, all considered, it was a very nice place, all the people were friendly. I wish that we had a couple extra days to stay. I was impressed that some of the Hot Shots that were working the surrounding fires were there. So many motels have been denying fire crews access to their places, it was good to see that this was an exception. I would love to have a chance to stay again soon.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Can not say enough about this hotel. We brought 24 other old car members her in early September. Handled all our reservations flawlessly and got everyone checked in quite quickly. The views from the third floor are remarkable. The room as well as the deck are quite large. We actually elected to just stay out on our deck till sunset. There is a lovely path to the beach which we took advantage of. Do not miss this hotel!
As an aside, my husband left his prescription dark glasses in the room. Did not notice until a few hundred miles up the road. They kindly mailed them to us in San Diego.

Room Tip: Views are best from Third floor. Direct access to sand from 1st floor. If you prefer no stairs, book 2ed floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2017

The property is right off the highway and was clean and well maintained with plenty of parking. The room was clean and spacious and included a refrigerator and microwave oven. The room had a balcony with too chairs but being we were on the ground floor there was not much to see. In fact it was very foggy so there wasn't much to see anyway. Breakfast was well presented and include coffee, milk, juice, eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels and other offerings. Definitely a good spread. Internet is included with the room. Would stay here again without hesitation.

The hotel offers a fifteen percent discount to one of the local restaurants but when we went there it was very crowded and we had a 40 minute wait for just the two of us. When we overhead the group behind us told their wait was 60 minutes we left. We later heard third handed that it was not a good choice and was very over priced for the quality. We ended up going to Nor'Wester north of the hotel. They got us right in. Service was excellent, the food was fresh and good and we had a nice view of the harbor.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank T5667FLrobertw
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Formerly Gold Beach Resort ..now Sure Stay Best Western

We always love our stays in Gold Beach; town has the best-most oceanfront stay-cations with more sun on the Southern Coast. Resort has lovely grounds, pet friendly (fee $20), good breakfast but very cramped seating area. The room had three chairs in addition to two Queens. Area was wide, large TV (who watches TV when on the beach?), large vanity counter, in-room coffee (coffee always at office also), a fridge & micro. Tub/shower has expand-rod, room and facility is clean and well-kept overall with many ‘park at your door’ spots which we also like. Resort is on a hill so the parking lot is on the ‘2nd floor’ of 3 when looking to the ocean.

The BEST: ocean view with a triple-wide patio door, a wide balcony and two Adirondack loungers!

BOO for BW: They just bought this resort. I’d reserved 7 nights of vacation through a 3rd party. Here, I was asked to join BW rewards. (Get $10 rebate per stay promotion). We joined, were told we’d get the rebate for this stay and the ‘prior 3 nights’ since it happened to be a BW also.’ Hence last 3 nights I intentionally booked BW. Now BW says NO, bookings through 3rd party don’t count for those 5 nights. SOO-- BW knows how to entice loyalty, but they sure do NOT care to keep it. Since, I’ve learned that BW discounts veterans & seniors which we were never offered while reserving either. I’ll get my 3-night rebate and say bye-bye to BW.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple