“Awesome and Dog Friendly! ”

Prehistoric Gardens
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Gold Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most unique tourist attractions on the Oregon Coast, the Prehistoric Gardens is great for young and old alike. Just 17 miles north of Gold Beach lies an untouched prehistoric garden complete with 23 life size dinosaurs set among a lush 300 year old Oregon rainforest. The self-guided tour allows you to casually stroll along the path and discover what the Earth was like millions of years ago. Family owned and operated since 1955, this eco-friendly attraction is a must see! Pet-Friendly! Dogs are allowed to take the tour for FREE as long as they are on a leash.
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we've been to the prehistoric gardens with our two little dogs. Very friendly staff. $10 each for adults. Dogs are free to walk with you through the gardens. Well kept and clean. Great gift shop with big foot and dinosaur items available. Clean bathrooms too. Well worth the stop!

3  Thank Soiled
Kiki M, Owner at Prehistoric Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

First of all, thank you for the repeat visit! We enjoy hearing that so many people love coming back for a visit again and again. I am glad that you brought your two little dogs for a walk through the gardens. We understand that dog owners don't like to leave their canine travel partners in the car while they get to have all the fun! Which is why I am very proud to say we are dog-friendly, and have been for quite some time.

We can't wait for you and your dogs to visit us again. Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

but mom and dad thought it was too much! it cost us $46 (3 adults and 3 kids) to get in and walk for 15-20min. dino facts were fun to read and the landscape was very nice, dinosaurs could use a touch up though. Path was a well maintained and it was very clean. Lots of photos opps!

1  Thank rachael0201
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is one of those classic, campy roadside attractions. Informative and fun but costly ($10/adults and $8/kids) for the 20 minute walk. Worth doing but don't expect a lot.

1  Thank prtlndblnd
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Saw the signs about 15 miles in advance as I was on the Coast highway heading up to Seattle. Something my Dad would have never done when I was a kid was stop. My riding partner looked the place up on Yelp, and the reviews were hilarious. (Mainly for people trying to justify why the stopped.) I was told we could stop if I paid, and they'd accept dogs. (They do, on leash.) Twenty bucks later, the dog, my partner and myself were taking pictures of dinosaurs and renaming them based on their paint scheme. The pajamasaurus is my favorite.

3  Thank Stan P
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Beautiful rain Forrest nature walk with awesome dinosaur fun .The park is well maintained with interesting historic history of the area on this interpretive walk.Nice flat trail for children and handicap visitors.