“Room 308 Aug 15, 2013”
Review of Motel 6 Gold Beach

Motel 6 Gold Beach
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Updated room décor was nice surprise! Beds great! Too bad they didn't upgrade the bathroom. No A/C lack of water for pygmy height shower (check the bath & shower before taking the room) not so much! Then there was US 101 thru the no sound proofing room, better suited for the hearing impaired. Advise a room as far from the highway as possible if noise bother you. Over enthusiastic staffer added $20 to my out of country cell phone tab trying to check up on my progress for a reservation that was prepaid by credit card.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night before continuing on to see the Redwoods the next day. This is the most expensive Motel 6 I have stayed at but it's also one of the nicer ones. The exterior and grounds around the property are nice and well kept. We liked the picnic area. The rooms have been updated to the modern Motel 6 look. Room was clean and comfortable. I felt safe here and when I stay at a Motel 6 that's all I'm expecting, to have a clean and comfortable room and feel safe and this location met all of those and then some. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The location is great - quiet, clean air, nice views. The rooms were very nice also, except the shower head was a bit low for my 6'1" son and the drain was partially clogged. Altogether a pleasant stay. Gold Beach itself is a bit boring.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellent shower if you love great water pressure. Nice walking trail. Friendly office staff. Beds are fine and firm. Thin ceiling- so bring ear plugs. Wifi a bit slow. Seems a bit pricey, but don't know what other places hereb

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluskyseeker
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was an overnight stay on my road trip down the Oregon Coast (see other reviews). My expectations were pretty low for this hotel until I got inside to the clean and modern interior. There are very nice bathroom fixtures and the shower is clean and easy to use. There are very friendly people working here. When we were in our room at about 8:45 PM, the woman at the front desk called us just to thank us on staying here and asked if there was anything we needed. My only concern would be that there is no pool, and if you were planning on swimming, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This inexpensive motel is located high on a hill overlooking Gold Beach.
The staff is very accommodating and they welcome pets, including my big
dog Rocky Balboa. The rooms are clean and fresh. There is a lovely
area outside that has comfortable places to sit and relax, with a beautiful
view of Gold Beach.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 51891Marybeth333
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I made a reservation at Motel 6 in Gold Beach long before arrival. I expected the usual efficient and adequate accommodations and I got that and more. I was driving from the north on Hwy 101, We passed over the beautiful bridge, I was still admiring that view when I noticed we had also arrived at Motel 6. The pictures of the motel don't show you what a great view you have.
The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. She sent us to some great places to eat. We were just down the street from Jerry Rogue Jet Tours. The trip to Agnes on the Rogue was our reason for the trip to Gold Beach. I discovered what a great place it is to go and hope to return again. My regret is that I didn't take a few more days vacation and make the trip south to California's Redwoods. That would be a real feast of natures beautiful places.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends