“Surprisingly clean and pleasant....”
Review of Motel 6 Gold Beach

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Gold Beach
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I don't usually stay in Motel 6 but this place was described as having just had a complete renovation and they did a great job of it. It all looked so clean in the rooms, and new. The wall colors and bed spreads were a funky orange ( at least parts of them) and the beds were quite comfortable.

The second floor rooms have a great view of the river, the sort of thing one pays high prices for elsewhere.

We used a discount coupon from the Oregon travel rest stop and saved $5.00 on the already reasonable price. There is an outdoor hot tub, though we didn't use it, and I believe they had a guest laundry as well.

It's located close to the Otter Point park which is a 'not to be missed location'. See my review of that if you want to learn more.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Rooms are simple and clean. Bring your own soap and shampoo. Staff very polite and willing to help. $81/night is not a good value even in summer season. No amenities to speak of and its not very convenient to town. Need to take a car to get to market, pub, etc..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Must admit I was a bit dubious about staying here but from the time we checked in to the time we checked out, I had no issues whatsoever. Having checked in to leave items in the fridge at 9.30 am, the lady on the front desk was helpful and friendly. The room was newly refurbished with clean wooden floors. The decor is clean and new and the facilities are good. The spa was nice to relax in at the end of our day, the laundry was cheap, $1 wash and same for drying. There is no breakfast but coffee is available in reception. A great stay...

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Highly recommended motel! We took a chance and stopped. We found a pleasant staff, a big clean room, a quiet setting, and a nice view. If we are in the area again we will definitely plan on staying at this motel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. When you select Motel 6, let's be frank; you're looking at budget first and foremost and you're willing to give up some things to meet a price point. This is not your typical Motel 6; far from it. Clean rooms, nice location with a pretty view in a very pleasant south coast town, and very reasonable prices. It's still a Motel 6 - you're not going to get the quality of a bed like at Hampton, or fancy rooms or that sort of thing, but if you need a clean, nice place for a night or two while staying here, this is a place I can easily recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NashvlMike
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I went to gold beach to visit relitives. After checking in, wich was almost impossible given the face nobody speaks english in there, and going to our room, we noticed there was no toilet paper and no towles. So I went to the office to let the front desk know, and the owner started telling me that I stole the towles and that they were going to charge me. After a few words i went back to my room. About an hour later the guy from the front desk showed up with a few towls and told me again that I was going to have to pay for them. I took the towles and closed the door. I walked over to the towl rack and tossed the towls on it.....the towl rack literally fell off the wall and hit the floor. Nice. The next day the guy from the front desk came to our room and said I was going to have to pay $200 to fix the towl rack....and that my room rate I paid was incorrect amd that I had to pay extra because I have 2 kids. Both UNDER 10. Wow. I thought kids stayed free. A few hours later one of my kids walked in and told me the guy from the front desk was telling him that "their dad had broke and stole several things in the room". I packed up my family and took my family to a different hotel. Will never stay at ANY motel 6 after that mess.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Irritated88
4047, Manager at Motel 6 Gold Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

This is a suspicious review.
Motel 6 policy is kids 17 and under stay always stay free at any property in world and we do not charge for pets , kids under 17 and any animities we provide . There was no such incident happened about the breaking of towel rack. This review try to attack on the reputation of the property and the staff which makes no sense.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We recently stayed here for 2 days and were impressed with the cleanliness of our room and surroundings. Apparently recently remodeled and very modern, the bed and bedding were very comfortable, large tv, and wi-fi available in the room. Convenient location away from the main street, quiet, with nice views of the river. Office personnel extremely efficient, pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends