“Not your usual coastal town favors”
Review of Barnacle Bistro

Barnacle Bistro
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Gold Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The place is small but the food actually has some uniqueness that you don't usually find in these smaller towns. The cook/chef puts together some unique flavors typically found in the bigger cities. I love the coast and all the little tiny eateries, but this was a real surprise. We'll done!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The fish tacos were tasty and I loved the ginger coleslaw. I liked the fish tacos and fish & chips. The fish is Ling Cod for the Fish & Chips. The clam chowder was delicious.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Don't let Bistro in the name fool you, this is a great little restaurant on 101. I had the fish and chips, the fish I must say was probably the best I have had in years, thin seasoned batter, fresh fish, cooked to a perfect light gold color. The fries...well, a bit greasy and no crispness to them. I'd give a 10/10 for the fish and 5/10 for the fries. Prices were reasonable and portions were perfect. The coleslaw was very tasty and fresh.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I'm sitting in the restaurant right now writing this. The garlic fries are really good, and the fish and chips also very good. Must try the BundAberg blood orange soda
Would eat here again, if I'm ever in the state again.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

In town 2 nights wanted to try new place, we have not had the best experiences elsewhere in town over the years so we are always a little apprehensive but this was recommended to us, checked out menu online were excited that they had some great choices, and we were ready to go. Weren't acknowledged or greeted, had to make our presence known, host/ waiter seemed new or unsure of how to interact with guests. We were seated and brought water but not offered drinks. While waiting to order watched two different couples wait to be greeted or acknowledged finally leave shaking there heads, simply being acknowledged and told it will be a minute would have saved these customers. Another group of 4 stood in the entry for 10 minutes with that "what are we supposed to do" look on their faces while tables sit empty, no communication with guests makes for an uncomfortable time. Our order was taken and had to ask for drinks. Food came out relatively quick I had the polish beer bomb it was ok, wife had crab cakes with fries, fries were saturated with grease and crab cakes were lacking in flavor, my beer was warm. The night was rounded out by the other waiter, bald guy telling the staff repeatedly how he was done at 9. That's enough for him. Nothing makes you enjoy a meal like feeling bad for the tired folks serving you. Save it for after work where the entire place cant hear you. Prolly won't be back

2  Thank Fred B