“My regular dinner place in Curry county now”
Review of Port Hole Cafe

Port Hole Cafe
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Gold Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Last month I started a position which requires me to travel to Curry County from Douglas county monthly. As I was searching for a place to eat, this one looked reasonable so my husband and I came here for dinner. You can order off the lunch OR dinner menu at any time during the day and there is a special daily.

Hubby had the special, lasagna & garlic bread with a salad. The salad was fresh, the lasagna superb and I don't think I have ever tasted better garlic toast!

I had my usual fish and chips (The Gold Digger) which was the lunch serving. I received 3 LARGE pieces of cod and a pile of fries that I couldn't eat plus a souffle cup of cole slaw. The fish was perfect; no greasy after feel. Light, crisp and fresh.

As we were sitting and reflecting on the meal, my husband said, "You need to eat here every time you come down". Don't worry, dear man. That is my plan!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at the Port hole two nights out of the past three that we have been in Gold Beach on a fishing trip. You MUST eat here if you are in Gold Beach. The food is fresh, very reasonable, and most importantly, the servers are great. Tonight we had Amy serving us and she was awesome! Sunday night we had another sweet gal (I hate that I didnt get her name). We had the snapper w/chipole sauce.....calimari dinner....fish n chips...and seafood platter the two days that we were there.. ALL were outstanding. I would highly recommend the snapper w/chipolte sauce!!! Two people can eat for $30 easily and be stuffed full!!!

2  Thank Pennsylvania1eyeboh
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food is average for the most part. I've been here several times and it's your typical place for burgers and sandwiches. LOTS of varieties of homemade pie which is the best thing about the place. The view of the boats and the harbor is lovely, especially at sunset.

1  Thank Tamara M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The fish and chips here are awesome. Had 1/2 crab with cole slaw and garlic bread - fresh and yummy - highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The codfish roll-ups were o.k. good but the cole slaw in them was too sweet for me. The French apple pie, however, is brilliant. Huge thick pie with big slices of apple that still have some crunch, not oversweetened or gluey as are many industrial fruit pies.