Planned to stay at Ireland's lodges for 2 nights as part of a 3 week trip to California and Oregon. Had phoned sometime ago to make the reservation, having looked at website, and made our requirements clear. On the basis of advice given booked the Manzanita cabin.
Upon arrival it was clear the check-in desk was chaotic.
Were not able to view the inside of the cabin as it was not ready and did not seem clear when it would be. However we looked at the outside and the position was extremely disappointing and not at all what we had been expecting. It is right at the entrance from the highway and alongside the breakfast room and the only view is of the car park with no space or greenery around it.
We returned to the desk to express our disappointment. Without going into details the response of the two staff (one said she was the manager but would not give us her name) on duty was totally unacceptable. We had not actually completely declined the cabin at this point but the person we were dealing with advised another clerk to allocate it to some other people who had arrived without reservation. When we queried this she responded we said we "hated" the cabin wwhich was not true we only wnated to find out if there were any alternaitves which matched the impression given by the photos on the website. The desk clerk (manager?) tried to persuade us to take a room in the hotel which cost significantly more and was almost insistent we viewed it -but what we wanted and had hoped for was a cabin near the ocean for a couple of nights with some space around it to relax.
At this point we decided we did not want to stay in any event- we did not like the location of the cabin but the decision to move on ultimately was because of the appalling customer service we received.
I would add that this was our third trip to the USA and we have stayed in all sorts of accommodation in different price rangesand are very easy going and flexible. This is the first time we have experienced real disssatisfaction and frustration -and the first time we have felt motivated to post on Trip Advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's is world famous and encompasses 19 acres of oceanfront with towering pines and gorgeous flower gardens. Ireland's lies on the best oceanfront land in Southern Oregon. Two good Breakfast Bars, 2 oceanfront hot tubs, WIFI, Fireplaces (wood provided), sandy beach, Big waves, walk to restaurants. Ireland's has the most repeat customers of any property in Southern Oregon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Ireland's Rustic Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ireland`s Rustic Hotel Gold Beach
- Irelands Rustic Hotel
- Irelands Rustic Gold Beach