We stayed in a second floor room with a balcony and wood burning fireplace. The view from our balcony was wonderful and we often left the door open so we could hear the waves. Even though it was December, as is frequently the case the weather on the coast was excellent! It was really quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the pine interior really did feel like a cabin. We especially enjoyed the spas (3 of them) every evening under the stars. I think they were especially accessible since it was the low season - I'd recommend coming here in winter for that very reason! We had one all to ourselves both nights of our stay.
The only caveat I would offer about this particular room is that the wood burning fireplace is very smoky. We are not novice fireplace users, having heated more than one house by wood-burning fireplace throughout the winter, so it wasn't that we didn't know how. I'm pretty sure the flue needed to be cleaned - the fire started out well, but then smoke began to drift out, and even though most was still going up the chimney, enough was coming out that we had to break down the fire and let it go out, leaving the sliding balcony door open all night to get the smoke out. This did not really put a damper on our stay, but I would definitely recommend just getting one of the gas burning fireplace rooms.
Everything was comfortable & clean. There was a mini fridge and microwave, and although I had brought my own hair dryer, the lady at the front desk offered me one if I needed one since the rooms are not supplied with them. We ate out for breakfast, so we didn't see what the continental breakfast was like.
If you like to surf, there's a hotel that rents boards right next door, and from the looks of the waves, there is some great surfing to be had!
We will definitely be staying here again! It was an excellent place to relax and get away, for an incredibly great price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's is world famous and encompasses 19 acres of oceanfront with towering pines and gorgeous flower gardens. Ireland's lies on the best oceanfront land in Southern Oregon. Two good Breakfast Bars, 2 oceanfront hot tubs, WIFI, Fireplaces (wood provided), sandy beach, Big waves, walk to restaurants. Ireland's has the most repeat customers of any property in Southern Oregon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Ireland's Rustic Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ireland`s Rustic Hotel Gold Beach
- Irelands Rustic Hotel
- Irelands Rustic Gold Beach