“Nice place friendly people.”

Ireland's Rustic Lodges
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Stockholm, NJ
“Nice place friendly people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in a cabin which was a small redwood paradise-if you like wood! We do, very comfortable and private with a nice walk to the beach through the Dunes. Very pretty property, nice outdoor hot tubs and wood burning fireplace. Over all a great place.

Room Tip: Best views are from the motel, but the cabins are nice. The spa is much closer to the motel.
1 Thank MrClarkie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We checked in with no problems, the cabin we got was cabin 20...I asked the counter gal about the upstairs noise with us being on the bottom floor, and she said oh don't worry we have signs in the room about that, I thought okay...so as it became later in evening the people upstairs were going in and out of their balcony door slam slam every time in and out ..in and out slam slam...then ready for bed and it sounded like they were going to fall through the roof stomping as they walked I wonder if they had heavy steel feet..and everytime they used the bathroom it made a screeching nose in our wall...I turned on the fan they had in the room to try and hide some of the noise. ...woke up in the morning to the same sounds as the night before...got ready packed the car up and went to check out and get some breakfast...the room was packed and this was about 8:15 or so..when I went to get coffee everyone was all grabby like I went for the sugar and someone would go and grab it.just rude..so I got no coffee no breakfast ad there was nothing much left...
I waited at the counter for someone to check out and give my key to and wait there for 5 minutes and no one so I dropped it in the drop box...we left and 5 minutes later I called becsuse I was so upset and some guy answered the phone and I explained every thing to him and he made every excuse basicly called me a liar and to me to call the manager tomorrow because they are not there on sundays..I was there spending my 24 year annversary and it was horrid...I will never go back to that hell hole and I would never recomend to anyone to stay there. ...they could careless about you or your stay...

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank Lisa H
beachprints, Owner at Ireland's Rustic Lodges, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
This customer only complained in the morning after the fact, and if she would have notified the hotel when the problem was occurring we would have spoken to her noisy neighbor at any hour of the night. She said the hotel did not care, but the hotel contacted the owner who was out-of-town on a Sunday. The hotel called back the same day the customer made the complaint with a $40 credit and an apology the exact same day. Hotels cannot control every guest, and if notified we always try our best.
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed at Ireland's Rustic Cottages April 16-18th 2013. The view from "Monterey" was spectacular. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Asked a young man named Colton for ideas for the day. He, off the top of his head, provided a day plan that was wonderful, that included beach trails, old growth trails in the forest, and a delightful restaurant called SuperFly in Brookings. Enjoyed walking on the beach just 200 feet from the cottage. Built a fire in the fireplace to while the late evening. The wifi was a great touch. We were tempted to stay longer.

2 Thank JohnG G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I went w/ my husband and in laws. We stayed in cabin 22 on 2nd floor w/ extra room. The rooms were separate and shared clean bathroom w/ great shower. Both rooms w/ high ceilings and picture window w/ excellent view of beach/sunset! Main room had wood burning stove, TV , shared sink area, and small refrigerator. There was a little deck accessed by the main room w/ excellent beach view. The grounds were all landscaped w/pretty flowers and areas w/ grills. The beach access was approx 200yds thru nice little trail. The BEST part is the 3 hot tubs on a nice deck area right down on the beach. They have glass windbreakers all the way around, bring your drink/ beer and enjoy! The breakfast is standard continental breakfast. Only bad comment is it was pretty dusty, but it is off season AND they are "rustic". Very nice staff. We paid winter rates on 4/14/13 for cabin w/ add on room of $116 w/tax. WILL GO BACK AGAIN!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank PTtravelercouple
O'Brien, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is our third year that we have stayed at Irelands to celebrate our anniversary. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean. Its so relaxing to sit on the balcony and enjoy a glass of wiine watching the waves come in. Beautiful sunsets. My husband and I are extreme clean freaks and I can tell you that the room we stayed in met our expectations. It's rustic and old with alot of character. We loved the hot tub facing the ocean. If you like kite flying, this is the place. We spent hours flying our kites right on the ocean. I read some of the reviews regarding this lodge and I don't believe any of the negative reveiws that I read. If you want to have a relaxing time come to Irelands. I guarantee, you will come back for more. Joe and Minerva

Room Tip: If you have allergies, stay in the breeze lodge. No pets allowed in this building. The views are m...
1 Thank Minerva D
Port Orchard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Awesome 2 night stay in April for our spring break! Beautiful beach, 3 waterfront hot tubs, a cabin with a full kitchen, our own private deck, a fireplace and 3 bedrooms. This was the kids favorite stay out of our whole week down the Oregon coast. Outside all the cabins there are rocks with family paintings on them. We went and purchased paints and brushes, it was so fun and a great connection with the whole family. We will return, hopefully soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayme C
Coos Bay, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We came to Ireland rustic lodge three weeks ago to book a special weekend, we asked for a room with a king side bed, wood burning fireplace and ocean brie. My wife called three hours before we got there and was told they were expecting us. When we got there we we told our room had plumbing issue. They could not get us a room with a wood fire place and king size bed with and ocean brie. Long story short is after saying my wife a lies and telling me the they had a room we wanted for only one night because someone else booked it for the next night.they care more about a one night stay vs twofrom us. Never before in all my travels have I been so mad at a. office clerkthat we lef. Thanks again for messing up our special weekend.

6 Thank 104brianm
beachprints, Owner at Ireland's Rustic Lodges, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are very sorry. The room you reserved had a broken part, and we had to shut down all water to that unit. Management approved a discounted rate for the inconvenience, and we offered in exchange a queen bed ocean front wood burning fireplace for $79.00. We also offered a king bed ocean front with a gas fireplace for $79.00. The customer declined both of our offers. We are very sorry the room you wanted was not available. This room number 20 is still out of service and you call to verify this as we are waiting for a certain part to arrive. Occasionally things break and there are things beyond our control. However, we do apologize.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gold Beach
#2 of 8 in Gold Beach
Inn of the Beachcomber
Inn of the Beachcomber
#5 of 5 in Gold Beach

Been to Ireland's Rustic Lodges? Share your experiences!