My wife and I reserved a room for Oct 6, 2007, for a quick weekend getaway. It was our intention to leave our two year old son with his grandma and grandpa, and make this our first time alone in two years. The day before our trip our son got sick and we felt it would best to cancel our trip, as it was only going to a saturday night stay over. I called the office and was quickly told that I was unable to recover our room charge because i did not call with a 24 hour notice. The woman Sarha was extreamly rude and would not allow me to speak with a manager, to explain our unfortunate dillema. So being the kinda guy that I am I decided with my wifes blessing to go ahead and make the drive over to Gold Beach, with our sick son (just a common cold), after all our entire room fee was going to be spent one way or the other. Upon checking in my wife mentioned that we were checking with our son as well, this is were I got pissed off the first time, the lady actually asked if he was going be crying all night long! Than she told my wife that the rooms are only for couples, and that the rooms were not kid freindly ( maybe exsposed 120 volt wiring? Was thier venamous snakes under the bed? faulty plumbing with feces spilling out onto the carpets?). What ever could she be impling? In more words than one she basicaly was telling us that our son was not welcome at thier precious little motel. This is what happened while I waited outside in the truck with my son while my wife checked in at the front desk. I spoke with the girl at the front desk this was a complete waste of my time, as she would not give me to a manager or even give the managers name. Sara simply told me that she was not allowed to argue with the clients( complete copout), and that I would have to fill out a formal complaint form. I filled the form out while I deliverd to her some basic instructions on how to conduct basic customer skill service, with out angering the clients. NEVER MAKE A PERSONAL ATTACK ON A MANS SON, ESPECIALY WHEN HE CAN NOT DEFEND HIMSELF. LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS! After being asured that management would contact me I left. I was never contacted by phone, mail, or by any other means. I would not stay here simply because of how rude the staff was to us! I would only reconsider if both Sara and this other so called proffesional were FIRED!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's is world famous and encompasses 19 acres of oceanfront with towering pines and gorgeous flower gardens. Ireland's lies on the best oceanfront land in Southern Oregon. Two good Breakfast Bars, 2 oceanfront hot tubs, WIFI, Fireplaces (wood provided), sandy beach, Big waves, walk to restaurants. Ireland's has the most repeat customers of any property in Southern Oregon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Ireland's Rustic Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ireland`s Rustic Hotel Gold Beach
- Irelands Rustic Hotel
- Irelands Rustic Gold Beach