All reviews other guests the river served family style cocktail hour meal plan garden house breakfast and dinner each guest off season lazy susan communal dining granola very special place meal package heated lap pool paddle boards jet boat
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at here this summer. It was the best experience, and I say experience because it was more than just a hotel stay. They treat you like family calling you by name from the minute you arrive. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. And the meal was amazing - if you stay, you must enjoy their dinners. It is family style seating so you meet other guests and get to experience wonderful food and wine. The breakfast here is also delicious. My husband and I stayed in a room with a tub on the deck (our teenaged kids stayed in a nearby room) and I really would not pay that extra for that again. Tub drain would not stay and water was not that warm. Other than that, every aspect of the rooms are comfortable. We also took their recommendation and did the rogue jet tour and really enjoyed this - they pick you up right at the dock at the hotel.
My family counted this stay as one of our favorite things on our Oregon trip! I would highly recommend you experience the Tu Tu Tun!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mshtx
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were lucky enough to be able to vacation once again at Tu Tu Tun. The staff is wonderful and goes out of their way to ensure you have the best vacation possible. The lodge itself in a retreat from your busy hectic life. The grounds are beautifully kept. Plants and deer thrive in the lush location on the Rogue River. We purchased the meal plan and never left the table disappointed. They cater to dietary needs and restrictions without question. Staff members make it their business to know each guest's name, which I find amazing. We, once again, had a memorable stay and cannot wait to return again next summer.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautifully decorated and all of the rooms face the river. You cannot go wrong!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

stayed here for 2 night and loved it. The service is amazing and they cannot do enough for you. Had dinner at the hotel and the food is great with a fish option each night for the non-meat fans. We spent a couple of days exploring the coast but would really have liked another night to be able to chill out at the hotel and enjoy what it has to offfer.

Room Tip: we stayed in the guest house not the main lodge and it was beautiful. sat outside drinking wine and watching the deer
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago, my second stay (the previous time was 10 years ago). Very little has changed - I consider it a $300 a night hotel that acts like a $600 a night hotel. The service is wonderful - the staff addresses each guest by name, and when I left a sweater in the dining room, by the time I headed back to retrieve it, someone was already bringing it to our room. The dining situation may not be for everyone but we found it very pleasant. Dinner is served family style at tables for 8 and the staff decides who sits at what table. Very relaxing, and we met a lot of people who come there over and over. It was a fairly convenient stop on our way from Sonoma County to Seatlle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I spent a week touring Oregon the last week of May 2013. We spent two nights at Tu Tu Tun and I wish I had planned more. Let's start with the staff, they are wonderful! They make you feel like family the moment you walk in. The rooms are comfortable, very clean. Wood is piled for your fireplace and the bed feels like home. The view of the river and the mountains is just perfection. I felt relaxed the moment I got there. We went fishing with a local guide, Travis, who picked us up at the dock on property and cooked us breakfast on the boat. Not that we needed it, because the Lodge packed us an amazing backpack of breakfast, complete with a couple thermos of wonderful coffee.

I was a little wary about the family dining but it ended up being one of my favorite parts. The appetizers and drinks beforehand give you a chance to mingle. It feels like a dinner party at a friends house, with the staff making introductions. We met some really interesting people at our table each night, each with their own unique story. The food is amazing. There wasn't a thing they brought that I didn't like. Wine selection was superb and the staff really knew their stuff. I'm looking at pictures wondering when I can go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple