All reviewsother gueststhe riverserved family stylecocktail hourmeal plangarden housebreakfast and dinnereach guestoff seasonlazy susancommunal dininggranolavery special placemeal packageheated lap poolpaddle boardsjet boat
Reviewed August 31, 2013

stayed here for 2 night and loved it. The service is amazing and they cannot do enough for you. Had dinner at the hotel and the food is great with a fish option each night for the non-meat fans. We spent a couple of days exploring the coast but would really have liked another night to be able to chill out at the hotel and enjoy what it has to offfer.

Room Tip: we stayed in the guest house not the main lodge and it was beautiful. sat outside drinking wine and watching the deer
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago, my second stay (the previous time was 10 years ago). Very little has changed - I consider it a $300 a night hotel that acts like a $600 a night hotel. The service is wonderful - the staff addresses each guest by name, and when I left a sweater in the dining room, by the time I headed back to retrieve it, someone was already bringing it to our room. The dining situation may not be for everyone but we found it very pleasant. Dinner is served family style at tables for 8 and the staff decides who sits at what table. Very relaxing, and we met a lot of people who come there over and over. It was a fairly convenient stop on our way from Sonoma County to Seatlle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I spent a week touring Oregon the last week of May 2013. We spent two nights at Tu Tu Tun and I wish I had planned more. Let's start with the staff, they are wonderful! They make you feel like family the moment you walk in. The rooms are comfortable, very clean. Wood is piled for your fireplace and the bed feels like home. The view of the river and the mountains is just perfection. I felt relaxed the moment I got there. We went fishing with a local guide, Travis, who picked us up at the dock on property and cooked us breakfast on the boat. Not that we needed it, because the Lodge packed us an amazing backpack of breakfast, complete with a couple thermos of wonderful coffee.

I was a little wary about the family dining but it ended up being one of my favorite parts. The appetizers and drinks beforehand give you a chance to mingle. It feels like a dinner party at a friends house, with the staff making introductions. We met some really interesting people at our table each night, each with their own unique story. The food is amazing. There wasn't a thing they brought that I didn't like. Wine selection was superb and the staff really knew their stuff. I'm looking at pictures wondering when I can go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bbg8r
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I read about Tu Tu Tun Lodge years ago in a magazine but didn't visit it until this year, and it lived up to my high expectations and then some. We chose one of the least-expensive rooms, reasoning that we would not be spending a lot of time in the room, and that was a good decision for us. We didn't have a fireplace or tub but still had a wonderful view of the river. The beds were very comfy and the room was spacious. But the best of the lodge is outdoors. Kayaking next to seals was an experience I will never forget. The hummingbirds in the garden are incredible. Deer wander the grounds freely and without fear. The bald eagles, osprey, and gulls were fun to watch. The garden is abundant with unusual varieties of heirloom tomatoes, all sorts of flowers, herbs, zucchini, lettuces, sweet corn, etc. The swimming pool is a welcome plus. We were there for two days and chose to do the meal plan for one of them, which was fantastic although too much food for us. Tip: even if you don't do the meal plan you are welcome to partake of the fabulous appetizers each evening on the terrace at 6:15 pm. They have a marvelous selection of local wines and are happy to pour generous tastes if you can't decide which to choose. Let them know in advance about any dietary restrictions or preferences, because they will tailor what they serve to suit you but generally only offer one main course option. Our ribeye dinner was excellent, and the servers take good care of you. I do wish that they would offer private tables for guests who would like to dine in the main dining room but who don't care to converse with a large group over dinner. I also got a massage from a local massage therapist (Diane) down by the river and highly recommend that. Be aware that the lodge is not on the beach in Gold Beach proper but is several miles upriver -- we enjoyed that aspect but if you're looking for an oceanfront experience, this isn't it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of them, all have wonderful views, the difference is just the number of beds and whether you have a tub and a fireplace.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisak12
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've had our eye on staying at the Tu Tu Tun Lodge for several years, and this was our first chance to get to the Southern Oregon Coast. It was by far the best lodging we experienced on our trip. It definitely lived up to our expectations. The entire experience was exceptional, down to every last detail. The property is magnificent, tucked away up the Rogue River. The accommodations are well appointed - too bad every room couldn't have a fireplace! The cocktail hour was fun, getting to mingle with all the other guests. The dinners were outstanding, and the wait staff fun and friendly. The dishes are sourced locally, many of the ingredients coming from the garden. By the way, don't pass up the chance to peruse that little slice of heaven. We had fun talking to the "master gardener." She was a delight and we even picked up a few ideas. And, as you make your way back through the orchard, be sure and share an apple (or two) with "Bob." The Tu Tu Tun Lodge should definitely be on your Bucket List.

Room Tip: Be sure and choose a room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family