“I LOVE this place!!!”

Side Door Cafe and Eden Hall
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Side Door Cafe, our locally owned,family operated restaurant is focused on providing the best food around, with the highest levels of customer satisfaction - we will do everything we can to exceed your expectations. Side Door Cafe proudly serves locally trolled fish, farm fresh organic produce, & all natural beef. With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy dinning with us. All of our menu items are prepared by our Chefs to order for your pleasure.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I love this place so much I want to move in and eat here every day. I wanted one of everything on the menu so I could at least go every day for a month and have a great variety.

We started with the steamed clams, which had huge pieces of meat in them. They came with little parmesan toasts that you need to fish out quickly so they don't get soggy and you can still enjoy their crunch. Our other appetizer was the crab cocktail special, complete with carrot chips, jicama strips, avocado and giant lumps of crab and just the right amount of cocktail sauce. Everything was absolutely fresh.

Entrees were the crab cake dinner and honey-mustard-crusted salmon. The crab cakes were served with a delicious tomato sauce that enhanced the crab cakes perfectly, and a fluffy cheesy mashed potato. The salmon was the perfect amount of moist flakiness, not underdone or overdone at all. The berry sauce on top just added another layer of delicious.

If we hadn't pigged out on the fresh bread and appetizers, we would have gotten dessert. I'll save that for next time.

2  Thank KatAlex11

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Have always enjoyed our meals here. This visit they were out of croissants though so it was a little disappointing on our sandwich but still good.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Although the menu is a little pricey , the service is usually good & menu interesting. Had a chicken & corn chowder here that was tasty, but had cooked to long. Check to see if they have entertainment going on, doesn`t happen often enough, but is a good venue.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love this restaurant and it is on our short list of places to go on the Oregon Coast.The restaurant has an eclectic collection of repurposed architectural pieces creating a unique viewing experience. I have eaten several things from the lunch menu, and all are delicious, but my favorite is the quiche of the day. It is always wonderful. Service is excellent, as is the wine list.

2  Thank Lenore B
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

You have to get off the highway to find the side door cafe. This unique restaurant offers a surprisingly romantic atmosphere. The food is amazing! You have to try the marionberry cheesecake... its worth the calories!