“Worst FRIES ever! and I mean worst.”
Review of Tebo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Tebo's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 10, 2014

After going to Tebo's for over 20 years we have decided to go elsewhere. Tonight the fries were so greasy we could not soak enough grease off with napkins to make them edible. For the first time ever, I decided to ask them to try cooking them again. Instead of addressing cooking technique such as heat of oil, they blamed it on having "new" potatoes. The next batch were barely cooked, giving us greasy white uncooked potato sticks. TERRIBLE. And to top it off, the cooks could care less.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were staying in the area and decided to return here for dinner. Our only other visit was in 2010. I was disappointed in that there seemed to be some "modernization" . . . the employees no longer wear starched white uniforms straight out of early 1960's Standard Oil gas stations ;-) They now wear average-looking red and black uniforms that are typical of many restaurants.

I had a grilled chicken sandwich with mushrooms and Swiss cheese. It was good with nice fresh mushrooms. My husband had the day's special which was BBQ ribs. He said they were good and tender, although the serving wasn't large.

His sides were green beans and baked beans. Both were okay but tasted canned to us. Dessert was banana cream pie which was pretty good.

Service was good and all the employees were quite friendly. As we noticed on our previous visit, everything here is dated and old fashioned.

It's not cheap - our dinner was about $30 plus tip. Other than the "oddity" factor, I think we would have been better off at Applebee's with their "2 for 20" deal.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Tebo's is like no other restaurant. It's a totally different platform for a fast food place and it's kind of fun. The food is excellent and the fries are particularly good. The variety of options is a little overwhelming at first, but learning the drill is worth it. Strawberry shortcake? Out of this world! Ambiance is dated and weird, but it is unique. The people are very nice and helpful - even if they always appear to be understaffed - it just part of the package. I like it a lot... try it!

1  Thank Ioannisutah
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It's now a cafeteria style restaurant, although they will cook your order and bring it to you. The food was good -- especially the strawberry shortcake.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had lunch with two other couples at Tebo's and it turned out great! Since I am celiac, I was not looking forward to eating here, thinking I would be relegated to the salad line. Then I saw that they had a great menu for salads, but also saw a sign that said :Gluten free hamburger buns and sandwich bread. I almost fell over but was very happy at the thought of having a hamburger in a restaurant! I ordered their regular hamburger and fries (also gluten-free). At Tebo's, you dress you own sandwich with an array of condiments available at the salad table. I personally like to dress my own hamburgers as I love mayo and thousand island dressing on my bun, as well a a nice tomato slice. The gluten free bun was toasted lightly and seemed very fresh and light, not soggy from being taken from the freezer and thawed in the microwave oven. The fries were rthe shoestring type and with a bit of salt added, scrumptious! My wife enjoyed their bison burger and found it to be moist and tasty. She added a coconut cream pie for dessert and it was also excellent. I was the only one who ordered coffee and the wait staff came around often to fill my cup. The service is excellent and very friendly. The atmosphere is enjoyable but very simple and even though it was a Monday, the place of quite full...and quite quiet for such a crowd. I now will make a point to eat there when in the area. It is easy to find on McLaughlin Avenue just north of Oregon City in Gladstone.