“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gladstone
Ontario, Oregon
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days during a recent stay. Sits right next to the river so it was very pleasant to listen too. Nicci at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast was okay but nice to have instead of easting out. The room had a really nice king bead and sofa sleeper. Has a fridge and microwave. They provide shampoo and such and also provide a hair-dryer, iron and ironing board. They have an indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room. This was a nice place and the 1st time I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HotelMgmtPDXGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, June 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and the comments regarding our staff member Nicci.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy the array of items in our continental breakfast. We do hope that you will come stay with us again the next time you are in the Clackamas Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Good size rooms with balcony overlooking the river. The freeway is also the other side of the river, so it can be noisy if you open the door in the mornings. Had read a bad review and was a bit worried but need not have been! Reception was courteous, room clean and comfortable. Snacks and drinks were provided in the evening plus a good selection at breakfast. There is supermarket across the car park and a very nice family restaurant next to it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you even after reading other reviews that you were able to come and experience the courtesy of the staff and the comfort of our rooms. We look forward to having you come stay with us in the future.
Kingsburg, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

This Holiday Inn is located in a semi rural area 2- 3 miles south of Clackamas Town Center with convenient access to the 205 freeway. It also has a safeway store right next door that stays open late. The hotel overlooks the beautiful rushing Clackamas River. There are walking paths a short distance away that run along side the river. The hotel itself was acquired from an upscale suite hotel company a short time ago and many of the rooms are better than what you would expect from the average Holiday Inn Express. The only downside is that the breakfast which we have come to count on doesnt start as early as advertised and the Coffee the three days we were there was luke warm at best first thing in the morning as if it had been made the night before.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Spacious and functional room conveniently located to SE Portland area, with invigorating view of the Clackamas River rushing by. Simple amenities included small pool, spa, steam room and fitness room. Front desk staff were particularly helpful. Breakfast was satisfactory with adequate variety to grab a bite before heading out to see the sights. Free wifi was welcome. Safeway a few steps away across the parking lot served numerous purposes during our several day stay. Access to thoroughfares was main reason for hotel selection and proved on target to avoid traffic jams and have access to airport, Columbia gorge, but also the southern points that we needed.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to face the river, which is enjoyable, and a room on the ground floor puts you righ...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We travel A LOT for personal and business. This is Definitely not worth the price!! Travelers Beware!

Terrible customer service!! We think they may have just added some paint and trim to make this hotel look nicer but in reality it was not.

First off, we got to the hotel to check in at 5:05pm and our room was not even ready. We had to wait in the lobby with our kids and luggage, until 5:55pm to get checked in.

The hallway to our room was filthy, had like cracker crumbs and stuff all over. There was even a housekeeper in the same hallway!

Room was decent, king bed was very firm, but the queen was softer. Bath tub wouldn't drain, gross.

The hot tub was dingy, had floaters of bugs and hair, plus wasn't that warm. Went to try the steam room and the steam coming out smelled so bad we immediately had to leave. So our swim suits are really smelly still.

Breakfast was a joke. When went down there was only 3 other couples in the room and there was no food in the bins. When my husband asked about getting more and how long the wait, the hostess barked at him "I'm only one person and it will get out here when it does". Completely unacceptable!!

Because we are paying so much for the room and were not at all impressed, we checked out a day early and found another hotel. We asked to speak to the manager so that they new what was goings on in their hotel and she didn't not care at all. No apologies, just told us that our room is cancelled. Completely justl an "I don't care" attitude.

Please avoid at all costs!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank mosierroseburg
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear mosierroseburg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Gladstone hotels

Tacoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I attend a trade show in the Canby area once a year, usually in April and have usually stayed at the La Quinta Inn at Wilsonville most years. However, the beds were getting too soft at the La Quinta and I didn't sleep all that well last April and wanted to try something new this year. I was paying around $88 at the La Quinta, this Saturday night stay cost me $104. Was it worth the upgrade? I would say yes, but probably not much more than the extra $16 paid. I will say the bed was a bit firmer and I slept better but not as firm as I would like. However, I know people have different tastes in mattresses so you cannot please everyone.
The front desk people were courteous enough and checking in and out went smoothly. The room was pretty clean, cleaner than from my La Quinta Wilsonville from past years, although the rugs out in the hallway and in the stairwells could have used a good vacuuming.
Having said that, I don't stay in a motel/hotel often, I usually camp in my camper most of the warm season when I am out of town. I realize big companies have their budgets and price points, so maybe I am expecting what you would normally get in a room more expensive than this one was as far as maintaining the carpets in the halls and stairwells to be perfectly picked up. The rugs in the room itself were clean..
I like the fact that the local Safeway store is right next door to this Holiday Inn, so it was nice to be able to go there for food. I didn't partake in the breakfast so cannot comment on that.
Overall, a good experience. I may very well be back there when I go to Portland especially in the colder season of the year.
I also had fun with my friends I visited the next day with the quintessential "I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" joke from TV ads of the past.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lewiston, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel in years past with previous owners. It was good before but great now! Staff was friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and had a good view and the pool/hot tub was nice! Free breakfast was good. Love the new "soft" or "firm" pillows.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank vacationgirl297
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gladstone
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area? Share your experiences!