“Not a good choice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gladstone
Kenai, Alaska
“Not a good choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Why it's called a "managers" reception is beyond me. Worse than bar food. Amd the only free drinks are bottled beer, bad wine and soda. There were NO blankets. Heavy sheets and a throw. Not impressed atall. Very loud heaters and the train runs close by

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank KoryArmstrong
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear KoryArmstrong,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Carrara
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I had made my reservation in advance and recieved a special holiday rate for the 6 nights I would be visiting. Arrived to find the hotel changing to Holiday Inn Express. Was advised when I arrived that the internet service was not working due to switch over. I was asked what suite I would like,I told the attendent a suite that was quite. He placed me on the top floor. When I went into relax before bed there appeared to be no tv service, so I called and advised the attendent of the problem. He said he would investigate and advised that there was no tv service available. At 4:30am I was awoken to the loud traffic on the nearby freeway and then felt a slight shaking due to being next to freeway bridge. I didn't get back to sleep easily with the pickup of traffic noice and the shaking tv screens in the room, due to being on the top floor. In the past we had always been lower. At The next morning I went to the manager on duty to see what was happening. They apologized about the internet service and advised that the tv service was working and that you must change the channels to get the tv working and that the internet service was functioning, but needed a particular password. This was not the service I knew and was used to in previous stays here. I suggested that the customer should not receive poor service because of an internal change. Several other problems occured. Mostly a bad attitude from an attendent named Dani, who was unfriendly and less than helpful when I advised that my room had not been cleaned on my second day there. On my last evening while attempting to do laundry I needed quarters to complete the drying and was told they had none, I was in my pajamas as my clothes were wet in washing machines and was told to go to the nearby Safeway. At this time there were 2 behind the counter and neither had a we care or we are sorry attitude. A friendly face goes along way and an unfriendly face makes one feel as if they are disturbing, I felt the need to report this. I will again post when Holiday Inn Express has a location posted here. As this is no longer Oxford Suites, but Holiday Inn Express. This staff needs some customer service training.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2d or 3d floor here, avoid the top floor. The vibrations are felt stronly on the top fl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pebitpeb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear pebitpeb,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for bringing these to our attention and I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Gladstone hotels

Heppner, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We made a return trip because of nice time I had in the spring. This was the worst visit and my husband said he will never return. Went specifically for two things the pool and the breakfast/ and evening reception. Our girls spent a month looking forward to swimming and the pool was closed all weekend. We went to see zoo lights and got back at 7:55 (anticipating warm soup) the tickets read evening reception 5-9:30pm. When we arrived the girl said sorry we pull soup at 7:30. I said it doesn't say that, she said that is what we do. The lady at the desk said when you check in they are supposed to tell you. Trip before no one said anything. Then in the morning we went for breakfast got confused and got there 10 minutes early were told they weren't open til 7, I said can we get some juice and set with our girls and the Hispanic lady said we open at 7. So we had to go set out in lobby with the cold cold wind blowing in every time door opened. Then 5 minutes later older gentleman went in and they served him. Nice lady fixing eggs but she went and cleared tables and when a gentleman came in she went right to the grill without washing her hands and prepared him his meal. They are down to one soup had two choices in the spring. Waffles, meat, eggs, potatoes behind counter and they serve now. Pastries in past were fresh tasting this time they were dry. No fans in bathroom which creates issue in small room with poor ventilation. One nice thing they had dvd player so we played a movie for the girls since they couldn't swim. Room was clean. Don't know if this is all changes due to not being Oxford Suites anymore or not.

Room Tip: If you are expecting the pool, I guess you need to call ahead.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jkmarick
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We are so sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. You are correct that the hotel is no longer an Oxford Suites, and no longer owned by the Oxford Hotel Group. In Portland, Oxford Hotel Group offers our standard services and amenities, as you experienced this spring, at our Jantzen Beach location. Perhaps on your next visit to Portland, you'll consider trying that location. Thank you for your loyal patronage and again, we are very sorry that your experience was not as expected.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gladstone
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area? Share your experiences!