All reviewsocean viewgolf linksone bedroom unittop floorhousekeeping staffgreat viewthird floorcondounitsseasidelofttamigrandkidscoastretreat
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

We had a nice room. 2 beds, 2 bath.
Only negative observation was the top lock of the front door did not lock. That would be ok if this had a security entrance but there was none. And it sticks! Really had to push it to get it opened and closed. Little trouble locating the kitchen light switch. Not on wall, like you’d think. It was on the end -tucked under counter top . Only mentioned this for future traveler.
Good view. Our room had nice balcony and you could see ocean above roof tops ahead of us.
Giving (3 Star this time)in hopes they will fix front door when we return.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We stayed in #609. This unit should be taken off the market until/unless it is updated and cleaned. Using the philosophy that each unit is furnished by the owners cannot be an excuse for stained and broken. I chose Gearhart by the Sea, because on a basketball tournament, we had a wonderful experience there. This time. was not good.
The furniture and carpet were stained with large spots. There was mildew on the wall behind the toilet where there were signs of previous water damage. Credit for a clean kitchen and comfortable bed, though the blankets were questionable. When I expressed my concerns upon checkout, the clerk said, I'm sorry. For $157 plus tax, this was an extremely disappointing stay. We will not return to this venue. There are many hotels just down the road at much better rates.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper level, and definitely view the room before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2017

There were 6 of us and we had to pay extra to upgrade as apparently a sofa-bed is classed as a double, so the first apartment wasn't suitable.
We then had issues with the cleanliness and general upkeep of the place - dirty sheets on one of the beds - although we were brought new ones by the housekeeping staff within 5 minutes. One of the lights didn't work and one of the shower screens was almost falling off. One of the single beds was old and uncomfortable - they brought up a rollaway but this was no better, so even though we'd paid extra one person had to sleep on the sofa anyway. They gave us a discount due to our complaint.
All that said, we'd probably stay again due to the great location and the friendly staff.
The apartment was well equipped. The views from the balcony on the 5th floor were amazing!

Room Tip: 5th floor has great views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom unit with myself, my husband, and our two ages (4 and 1). We were so surprised by the view. We stayed in unit 670 on the third floor but the units in the complex are individually owed and won't all be decorated or updated the same. Our unit was decorated with a lot of seashells that my one year old decided to constantly get into it also had a huge closet by the kitchen that the owners had stocked with sand toys, puzzles, games, books, bubbles , and other things to stay occupied. It was so thoughtful! Our unit had an updated kitchen and bathroom. So features like light fixtures and some of the furniture were outdated but still totally functional. For example, the light fixture over the dining room table was wicker but still functional. There was also a light burnt out in the master bedroom bedside lamp and we couldn't figure out which lamp was connected to the light switch. The shower had a tub and sliding glass doors but the caulking under the door wasn't sealed properly and would lean water all over the floor Gearhart is a small community that is only a couple minutes drive to seaside and the action. If you want to be right near restaurants and shopping, staying in seaside is a better fit. This property does have a restaurant right across the street. It's only a short walk from the beach and it never was crowded. The vehicle access point to the beach is the street just left of the property, so again, really convenient. There was also a covered pool that we didn't get a chance to use but we saw a lot of people walking back from the pool everyday. Another plus was that there was daily housekeeping. You don't see that a lot in condo properties like this. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend the property.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
GBTSManager, Manager at Gearhart by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Thank you for your review of unit 670. I appreciate you letting me know about the caulking in the bathroom shower we will address that immediately. I will also look into the bedroom lamp you mentioned

We hope to see you again. Thanks for staying with us

Paul Tice

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We spent a quiet two nights in a spacious, well equipped condo across from Gearhart Golf Links. Our third floor ocean view was very relaxing. Gearhart is a very small "town" and I especially enjoyed the slow pace. This was a great retreat from our fast paced "city" life.

I left a curling iron in the condo but the staff quickly recovered it and sent it back to me. I was impressed that they took the time to send it back. My husband and I look forward to staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Third floor or higher if you want a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
GBTSManager, Manager at Gearhart by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thanks for your comments about Gearhart By The Sea we appreciate it.
We are looking forward to seeing you in the future

Paul