“Top on my family's list in Gearhart”
Review of Pop's Sweet Shop - CLOSED

Pop's Sweet Shop
Cuisines: American
Description: ice cream parlor
Description: ice cream parlor
Portland, Oregon
“Top on my family's list in Gearhart”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Visiting Pop's Sweet Shop over Spring Break is a favorite family tradition so we're excited March is around the corner! We all love the fudge, but my husband and I can't resist their famous scones. And the friendly owner and staff make consistently excellent coffee and lattes, iced in the summer when our kids switch to ice cream treats.

• Visited September 2010

Portland, Oregon
“Rude service on a weekend morning is not my idea of a vacation coffee shop!”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I walked in one morning to get an espresso ...just to 'try' a new place...cause i ALWAYS go to Pacific Way Bakery (which is excellent by the way)...

The young acerbic man behind the counter responded to my first question...my order is a 'double' americano right?

His response..."you didn't order that"...
I said, "oh, that's interesting... cause that's the standard in PDX" ...

He responded..."this isn't Portland"
ok... (smile to self)...i then asked for a larger cup due to wanting cream...and offered to pay for the larger cup...

his response "no...i sold you what you ordered." to no avail...he would not provide me a bigger cup...

i poured the extra coffee off, added my cream...while I gave him my thoughts on what customer service would be like in a coffee shop that actually wanted customers to come back....so much for Pop's...i'm going back to Pacific Way Bakery....

seaside
“The pumpkin fudge is out of this world.”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

This family operated shop makes the experience very special with good old fashioned hospitality. The pumkin fudge is out and it is delicious! You must try.

Port Jefferson, New York
“Scones from Heaven..”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I'm staying down the street at The Gearhart Ocean Inn, writing my second book. I'll be here for a week. And luckily on day one I discovered Pop's. It looks like a candy store from the outside, but the neon Espresso sign lured me in. Cindy, the owner, was just putting our a plate of hot lemon curd scones when I walked in. They are, in my opinion, the best scones on the planet.

If you're ever on the North coast of Oregon, you have to make a trip. Be there at 7am when they open. There's nothing like it.

Wilsonville, Oregon
“Fabulous Scones”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Pops is the place for morning scones in Gearhart! And if it isn't raining, or if it's just lightly sprinkling on a warm day, the adjacent garden is a delightful place to sit and drink a cup of coffee and finish up a wam scone. This is a great spot to meet other Gearhart locals too. We get up in the morning and give the kids some money and send them to Pops for warm freshly made (on the spot) scones. For us it's an institution.