“El Trio Loco”

El Trio Loco
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Gearhart
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 29, 2014

They are going through a name change (from El Mariachi Loco to El Trio Loco). The full parking lot was our first indication that this might be a good place to eat. The restaurant is nicely decorated and we were seated immediately. The service was a bit slow, but very friendly. The tamale was great. Everything seemed fresh. Next time we're back in the area, we'll be sure to stop there again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very good Mexican food. Fast service. Good prices. We had chicken enchiladas. We loved the crystal goblets they serve the ice water in. Very cool.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I avoided this place for months because it's in a strip mall on the east side of 101 in Gearhart. It just seemed out of place. I only stopped one evening when my wife said we should give it a try. I'm so glad we did! The food and service are excellent. We've been to every other Mexican restaurant in the area, and this one is the best. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. The interior is quite nice and the food authentic south of the border stuff. The staff is attentive and friendly. Go there!

2  Thank Ioannisutah
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I am a local and have eaten at all of the Mexican places in and around Seaside. I can tell you that for the area, including Astoria, there is no better place for Mexican. But it isn't just the best place in the area, it's the best place I have ever been too for Mexican. I've been to many different places between California and Washington, as well as Canada and Mexico and only one other place has beat them and it closed many years ago :(. If you want Mexican food Go Here!!! Price is perfect, atmosphere is great, the bar is always really relaxed. Service is good(I have issues with the fact that they don't speak English extreme well but whatever) they are still friendly.

Foods I recommend-Chicken Enchiladas, Steak Fajitas, and the best dish by far is one they just recently introduced called Asada Fries. It is the most delicious thing ever! Now if they could just add Fried Ice Cream to the menu I would be a happy camper.

1  Thank ReviewsForYou22
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The service and the food at this place were excellent! We enjoyed our experience and food so well the first night of our stay, we went back the next night as well!