“Owner is ignorant of the law and would not allow service dog even after explaining it to him.”

Pirate's Cove Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Owner refused to allow my wife's service dog even after we explained (and showed) the law to him. We were on our honeymoon and dinner there was a gift. We went to Pacific House in Tillamook instead and it was incredible. Probably worked out okay for us seeing as how must of the reviews of Pirates Cove are not that stellar.

1  Thank climbbike

Reviewed February 13, 2011

My friend and I ate there twice during a two-day stay in Rockaway Beach and enjoyed both meals, which were accompanied by excellent service. We had lunch the first day. I had an excellent oyster burger on a kaiser roll -- not a boring hamburger bun. The oysters were breaded and pan-fried, adorned with bacon and Swiss cheese. Very flavorful. The next day, we had breakfast. I had fried razor clams, eggs, hash browns and sourdough toast. It's easy to overcook razor clams and turn them into leather. These were perfect. The hash browns were nicely crispy and plentiful. And the sourdough toast was hand-sliced from a loaf. Everything was nicely prepared. And let me answer someone who complained that the steamer clams were small -- the smaller, the more tender. Most people who know seafood WANT them small. We've taken several friends here and will return...

Reviewed December 24, 2010

We ate here about 10 years ago, and it was so noisy we couldn't remember how good the food was. Were back in the area recently, and our choices narrowed to this place. We went in. Hardly anyone there, so not noisy! Food was pretty good, not the best ever, but good. We chose smaller plates, and I had a couple of appetizers to make a meal. Not sure I would order anything from the more expensive side of the menu...

Reviewed November 15, 2010

We have gone here many times and always find the people nice and the food good. Love their french fries and their dinner salad is always good.
I like their sandwiches and salmon.
The family opens on Thanksgiving from noon to 5 so that travelers can have a nice thanksgiving dinner.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

After reading decent reviews on trip advisor and not having many options near our hotel in Rockaway Beach we decided to try this place for lunch one day. I have to say the restaurant is very clean and the view was great but the food we ordered was horrible, and I was dissapointed to find out that most of their seafood is NOT local. We ordered deep fried prawns that tasted like they came out of a box, the coating was extremely soggy. When the waitress set our clam chowder down on the table I could tell it was going to be gross. It looked like it was made with water and tasted like it too. It was very runny and had no flavor at all. It seems like they just whipped it together real quick. I ordered a halibut fish burger and the halibut was very dry and didn't taste fresh. The steamer clams were decently priced ($10.00 for a pound) but they were VERY small. I would never go back here and would recommend Fisherman's Korner just a few more minutes down the road or there is a great hole in the wall place in Rockaway Beach right on the main strip called Oregon BBQ Smokehouse.