“if your looking for pirates don"t go here”

Pirate's Cove Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Eugene, Oregon
“if your looking for pirates don"t go here”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

It was perched atop a hill overlooking the bay.Awesome view from our table. The food was great. The scallops were cooked to perfection and the halibut was wonderful. The service was outstanding, fast and friendly. The cheese cake was to die for!

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Nice view, ok food”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here. The view from the restaurant is nice...overlooking the water and mountains. Although the service was prompt and the food was ok, there was something lacking in the atmosphere. The restaurant has the feel of an old small town supper club, which may be fine for some, but it wasn't what we had in mind. Our server was prompt, but seemed overly stressed and hurried. On a good note, the wine list is good, and the clam chowder is delicious.

Visited August 2014
“Great Find on Oregon Coast”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with some friends of ours recently spent a week on the Oregon coast. The scenery there is amazing but the food leaves a lot to be desired. On our last night we decided to try the Pirate's Cove since we had driven by it several times while driving along the coast. We were very pleasantly surprised! We were seated by a large window and enjoyed the amazing view. Our server was efficient and friendly. The food was very good. Three of us had shrimp and one person ordered the filet. All of our food was fresh, hot and delicious. We wish that we had dined at the Pirate's Cove instead of some of the other places that we ate. The Pirate's Cove was a definite plus to our Oregon coast dining experience.

Alameda
“Is RUDEness worth a stunning setting?”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I could see how this restaurant might make it in a fairly isolated place on the Oregon coast. One, there aren't that many places nearby, and two, the view from this restaurant is nothing short of stunning.

That said, however, the service we received was sadly, nothing short of uncalled rudeness. Based on that, and of the other horrified reviews, we would much prefer to pack a picnic and enjoy the view at the vista parking lot, just a minute to the south. Surely, that would be a more appetizing experience!

When we arrived at the restaurant, there was no one at the hostess stand, so we were left twiddling our thumbs. In the meantime, while we scuffled and waited for SOMEone to show up, I helped myself to a menu stored inside an open glass cabinet by the door, but I realized that I had picked up the menu for breakfast.

The hostess finally showed up --a good 10 minutes later--and saw me returning the menu. She then proceeded to dish out a nasty glare, and then LOCK the cabinet. (Say, is that menu printed with GOLD?)

I know people have their bad days, but isn't a hostess supposed to serve as a greeter and representative of the restaurant?!

I had my husband ask for a dinner menu (I wanted to see how the snippety hostess would respond to him.) True to our first impression, the hostess had to cop an attitude with him, too.

Disgusted, my husband and I just looked at each, shook our heads and took out family elsewhere, 10 minutes down the road.

2 Thank jrosette
Salem, Oregon
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have never written a review before and I never have spent this much on a meal either but I want to warn others to not waste your time or money at this restaurant. Although the bay view is beautiful and we had an exceptional waitress serving us, the food was really terrible. My sister had the fettuccine and the sauce was exceptionally sweet making it inedible. I had the prawns that were so overcooked they were like tough rubber and some still had not even been peeled. This is a seafood house that should be able to prepare shrimp correctly! We are not the kind of people who complain or return food but we did tell the waitress honestly of our disappointment with such an expensive meal. The manager, owner, or even a chef did not come out to acknowledge our complaint and that would have gone a long way to curb our bad feelings. We had been told it was very good food and that was NOT our personal experience. Don't waste your money, it is not worth it!

• Visited August 2014