“Great clam chowder and great view!”

Pirate's Cove Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went there for a late lunch with my parents. The clam chowder was excellent as was the crab Louis, crab melt sandwich and steak sandwich were good as well. Planning on going back for dinner. The view is outstanding, great location. They do have a lower parking lot with plenty of spaces. Only comment - waitresses could have been a bit warmer and more friendly (what you expect for a roadside Oregon coast restaurant).

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We chose this restaurant because of vicinity without reading reviews, but were pleasantly surprised when we saw the inside & the menu. Quite an extensive menu & everyone at our table was very pleased with the food & the service. And of course the view was outstanding!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

When I walked in my first thought was, it smells in here. The restrooms are close by the entrance and I thought it was that smell... After being in the dining room for a while and watching all the seafood coming out of the kitchen, I believe I was just smelling fresh cooked sea food. Sorta smelled like boiling crab pots. Anyway, I really didn't notice it while eating unless a plate of fresh cooked crab came out of the kitchen.

I had Cedar Plank Salmon and I must say that it was cooked perfectly. Light, moist and flaky. Very good mashed potatoes and fresh sour dough bread. The clam chowder was good but had a distinct flavor I can't identify but holds it back from ever being a favorite of mine.

The wife had Stuffed Salmon and rice pilaf. She was quite pleased and would order it again.

The prices are higher than I would usually pay, $25 - 35 per plate for most dinner items.

The view of Tillamook Bay is fantastic! Bring in binoculars if you have them.

The restaurant is a bit noisy when it gets crowded. They need some sound absorbing tiles on the ceiling or something.

Service was good right up until getting the check. It took quite a while to get their attention to bring it to us so we could pay and be on our way.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a nice restaurant with a view of the Bay. I had the fish and chips, which was very good and generous portions. Bonus was the business floating by on the Bay. We were entertained by seabirds, boaters and the chance to see a Coast Guard ship as it cruised out on exercises.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We love Pirates Cove Restaurant so much that we tend to stay in hotels near this restaurant so that we can dine here as often as possible on our beach trips. Last night we dined here with 9 family members. We had steaks, seafood, wine, gin and tonics, desert, coffee. Everything was stellar. We ordered our steaks rare, they came rare, (this rarely happens:-). The service throughout the meal was fabulous, Friday night of Memorial Day weekend and we were seated within 5 minutes. The view of the bay here takes your breath away. Fabulous view, service, food and drinks. This place seriously ROCKS!!!!

2  Thank Ilovejosh