“Go for the view, stay for the food”

Pirate's Cove Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner one evening, based on favourable reviews on TripAdvisor, and we very much enjoyed it. First, there's a great view of the ocean (inlet) from every table. The restaurant was full and very busy... the waitstaff were hard-working and very efficient (one suggestion: try not to sit too close to the passageway to the kitchen). I had the clam chowder... one of the best that I had on the Oregon coast... followed by the Prawn & Scallop Sauté, which was tasty and hit the spot. My wife chose the Caesar with blackened halibut; she proclaimed it to be very good. the menu was long and extensive, and prices were reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Pirate's Cove Restaurant

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I wish that I could tell you about the food at this restaurant but we could not get served. The whole place has about 12 tables, we were seated and given water. 20 minutes later we got up and left. There were at least 3 servers but none of them would talk or look at us. There were at least two other tables that looked like they had been waiting for food for a long time. We were very disheartened by the time we finally got up and left (no one noticed).

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Spectacular view over lagoon, cute outside but dated inside, air con needs turning up, having said that food very good crab cocktail and steak very good. Get there early as window seats a premium. Good service and excellent wine.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a stuffed lobster that was very good. A little pricey but I was on vacation and it was what I wanted.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have eaten here on several different occasions! Whether it was a lunch out with my fiance or dinner out with my kids it works for every reasons! Each time I've visited Pirate's Cove I've always order something different and never once been disappointed! Not only is the food amazing, but it's worth the price! It can be a little on the costly side but you get a view of the bay (On one of our outings there we got to watch two bald eagles fly around) and lots of food! The plate comes out garnished very nice, each time it's around lunch for us and there's plenty of fruit for the garnish! I would recommend this place whether you want something casual with your family or a night out for a date!