“Looked like a great place for good sea food and a beer”

Troller Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Description: Trollers has a wonderful view of the Boats, and the sunset is amazing. Friendly staff who makes you feel very welcome. You will feel right at home.
Brainerd, Minnesota
“Looked like a great place for good sea food and a beer”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Sorry but I can find no excuses for this place. Arriving at 4pm on a week day (happy hour) we found one waitress who just was hired like yesterday waiting on a party of 6 in the restaurant and 12 in the bar. A wall divided the bar room from the restaurant. She didn't know the menu and wasn't aware they had any appetizers. So as we heard appetizers ordered by others we copied them, only to have this waitress ask us where we saw them on the menu. We just pointed to the people who previously ordered. She had no choices. Needless to say we finished our beer and went elsewhere.

Visited September 2012

Stanwood. Wa
“Prime Rib and Eggs!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Love this place. It is an old cafe feel to it. Not fancy, but good food and service. By the docks in Garibaldi. We go every time we pass through town. Always have Prime Rib and eggs and hash browns. Missed a stop this year. Went there at 8:30 am and they were not open yet. Had to head up the coast back to Washington State that morning.

Visited August 2012
Victoria
“DON'T EAT HERE!!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had sautéed scallops. It was drowned in some kind of broth filled with green onionsand lots of salt, gross.
Frozen vegetables and sliced bread that was suppose to be garlic bread.
The place was dirty and dingy.
My wife says it was the worst meal she's ever had, and I took her there, guess where I am?
Someone said it depends on who's cooking, no s__t. Next time, we are driving right by this place.
Our cat eats better. Has the owners shown the cooks how seafood dishes should look and taste like!
Time to do so if you'd like to stay in business.
Ken and Moira, Victoria, BC

• Visited August 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Better Than Three Years Ago”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The all-you-can-eat fish was good after we received more fish. I would suggest that you ask them specifically to cook fresh pieces of fish particularly if you are the first customer for the lunch run.

Visited August 2012
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“'Amazing Seafood,' my foot”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

There are a couple signs outside this restaurant that say, "Amazing Seafood." Being literally in the middle of a marina, my girlfriend and I had no reason to doubt this statement. We couldn't have been more wrong.

My meal at Troller really was the worst seafood I have had in my entire life. We were both very hungry, so we each ordered the Captain's Plate. It had a sampling of cod, scallops, and shrimp. First of all, the portion size wasn't nearly what it seemed it would be. The cod was dry, rubbery, and tasteless. The scallops were rubbery and tasted of nothing but butter. The shrimp were ok, but that's really hard to screw up. To top it all off, all of the fish was served in a pool of grease. Based on this, I'd say the fish they serve is undoubtedly frozen, not fresh. That's the biggest offense of all. The building is about forty feet from the dock, and there is fresh seafood sold at several locations within two blocks. Yet somehow, this place doesn't serve fresh seafood. The second biggest insult is that our horrible meals were about $20 each.

If you are looking for good, fresh, local, reasonably priced seafood, Troller is not the place for you.

• Visited June 2012