“Better Than Three Years Ago” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Troller Restaurant & Lounge

Troller Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 17 Restaurants in Garibaldi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Trollers has a wonderful view of the Boats, and the sunset is amazing. Friendly staff who makes you feel very welcome. You will feel right at home.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Better Than Three Years Ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The all-you-can-eat fish was good after we received more fish. I would suggest that you ask them specifically to cook fresh pieces of fish particularly if you are the first customer for the lunch run.

Visited August 2012

Tacoma, Washington, United States
“'Amazing Seafood,' my foot”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

There are a couple signs outside this restaurant that say, "Amazing Seafood." Being literally in the middle of a marina, my girlfriend and I had no reason to doubt this statement. We couldn't have been more wrong.

My meal at Troller really was the worst seafood I have had in my entire life. We were both very hungry, so we each ordered the Captain's Plate. It had a sampling of cod, scallops, and shrimp. First of all, the portion size wasn't nearly what it seemed it would be. The cod was dry, rubbery, and tasteless. The scallops were rubbery and tasted of nothing but butter. The shrimp were ok, but that's really hard to screw up. To top it all off, all of the fish was served in a pool of grease. Based on this, I'd say the fish they serve is undoubtedly frozen, not fresh. That's the biggest offense of all. The building is about forty feet from the dock, and there is fresh seafood sold at several locations within two blocks. Yet somehow, this place doesn't serve fresh seafood. The second biggest insult is that our horrible meals were about $20 each.

If you are looking for good, fresh, local, reasonably priced seafood, Troller is not the place for you.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
University Place
“Freda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very good food and lots of it. Out close to the ocean so nice view.
Great service and very friendly atmosphere

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Tacoma_10
Dallas, Oregon
“Good food, reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We really like this plac. Good food, off the path a little. Try the halibut sandwich!

Visited May 2012
Salkum, Washington
“Think Again Before You Eat Here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I along with our 6 yr old daughter went to the Oregon Coast over the Memorial Weekend, 2012. We drove south and stopped in at Garibaldi, Oregon on the docks. There is the Troller Restaurant. Think Again before you eat there. It was just plain awful. First off the cost...$21 for what was supposed to be a captains plate of scallops, prawns, shrimp, and Halibut. It came in a little dish about 5 inches long and 4 inches wide. It had 4 scallop, 4 prawns, a bunch of little tiny shrimp and domino sized 1/8" thick pieces of what was supposed to be Halibut. I asked before I ordered if the seafood was fresh from there and was told yes, except the scallops. It was not fresh, the halibut was most likely some kind of rock fish, and there was big black hair in it. I was extremely disappointed as it had been over three years since I had coastal fresh seafood and I wasted my money on this. The bill was ridiculous and we were also over charged. The lady that was our waitress was also the manager, she knocked off $3. NOT worth your time and certainly not worth the cost to your pocket or to your stomach.

• Visited May 2012