“What a dining experience!”
Review of Irish Mooring Cafe - CLOSED

Irish Mooring Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Came here to just to eat & got a lot more than I bargained for! Besides the best home cooking anywhere I got an Irish variety I have never experienced before and was not disappointed. A few locals (and part time locals) made you feel right at home and just made the meal the desert to the real treat. And don't be afraid to offer drying the dishes either........ Thanks J&M for the experience.

1  Thank Randy S

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Based on other reviews we will try again. Our experience was not outstanding.
The place was busy and the owner was acting as both cook and waitress. While friendly the service lacked.
The breakfast menu is very limited and I'm not a fan of self serve coffee and water ... After all I went to a restaurant to be served.
The food was just okay. My OE eggs more like OM, the potatoes had a nice flavor but lots of burned bits. Toast was served family style and dry (butter on the table was stone cold).

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Corned beef hash was the best ever, poached eggs perfect and very friendly staff. We liked they remembered us the next day when we had breakfast again.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The perfect hole in the wall café! If you are looking for some good food this place has the best! I had the Shepard pie and it was delicious! Great atmosphere!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great little restaurant - only six tables. Wonderful clam chowder home made biscuits and a great Rueben sandwich. The biscuits had a spice in them, perhaps thyme. The chowder was snow white, thick and had small pieces of red potato and large pieces of clam - no scrimping. You can get it to go also. The Rueben was delicious and came with a hmemade potato salad. We had to get the Rueben to go. You need to eat it there as it is already very squishy and the bread can get soggy if left in a cooler. We will return! Oh, this is an early morning restaurant and closes by four p.m. when not in high summer.