“A Wonderful Surprise! A Delightful Stay”

Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I were traveling through the area and, after seeing some reviews of Oregon's Garibaldi Inn, we decided to give it a try. We had no expectations, but were VERY surprised at this quiet, well-managed, nicely appointed and modestly-priced hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable, and we later learned from Gene, the owner who ran it all smoothly in an understated way, that he had the beds made locally to his own personal specifications. That is just one example of his care and attention to detail. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated, with everything we needed and nothing we didn't. The lobby was lovely (huge fireplace) and welcoming, with coffee and animal cookies waiting for arriving guests. A tasty free afternoon snack of barbecued pulled pork sandwiches was offered as well. Coffee, hot chocolate, etc., was available at all hours in the breakfast buffet area, and a full hot breakfast was served in the morning. Gene again served it and visited with guests. I enjoyed the heated lap pool.

We learned that Gene was actually a licensed lawyer in Oregon and that this was his second "retirement". He and his wife decided they needed a project. They searched Oregon and selected the Garibaldi Inn. They had only two criteria: 1) that the hotel they selected was a failed business, and 2) that making it a success would help the community. And after 4 years they are succeeding.

As we checked out Gene gave us detailed directions of how to drive for the best views of the three cape area.

We enjoyed our stay there very much and will stay there again when we are in the area. My best wishes to Gene for continued success at his Garibaldi Inn in Garibaldi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We added a night because of great experience of the first day. Eugene gave us several tips about things to see and places to eat. We look forward to returning to Garibaldi House. I plan on doing some fishing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I loved our 2 night stay at the Garibaldi Inn - especially for its wonderful staff, attention to detail, and fabulous 5:00 pm appetizers. The chef/owner provided yummy appetizers that could easily double as a lite dinner: cioppino, full of fresh fish, garlic bread, and pulled pork sliders with exquisite condiments. Our breakfast offerings were equally delicious. We have already booked our room for another visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John W
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I did a one night stay at this property, searching off the internet, during a quick trip to the greater Tillamook area. The property far exceeded our expectations - top notch front desk and kitchen help, great (small) indoor pool and hot tub facilities, very nice morning breakfast, and extremely helpful staff in assisting us map out our day for touring the area. We highly recommend this hotel, if you are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Duane O
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying a night at the Garibaldi House on a work trip to the region and my only complaint is that I didn't get to stay a second night. The custom beds were the best I'd ever slept in and I've been to every major resort/lodging facility in Oregon at this point. The unique and customized approach the hotel takes makes staying at the hotel feel like a vacation home, with a welcoming staff, warm breakfast, and treats galore at every hour of the day. I would definitely recommend staying at Garibaldi House Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A vacation destination it isn't. However if you are planning on going crabbing or chartering a fishing trip, this is probably the best place you could stay in Garibaldi. The only reasons I didn't give it a higher rating is because it wasn't as clean as I would have liked (there was visible dirt in the bath tub) and it was poorly insulated for sound. I was on the second floor and could hear every step made by the people staying above me. Also our room was right above an outside smoking area, and the noise from the people talking out there was not even close to muffled, I could hear every word clearly, even over the tv.
On to the good stuff...The bed was one of the nicest beds I have stayed in. Very comfortable. The buffett in the morning is great with a lot of selections. The gentleman who prepares the food was always on top of making sure it was full in addition to checking people out. I'm not sure if he was a part owner or manager, but he was truely fantastic and did an excellent job of the double duty he assigned.
All in all it is a nice place, but I guess I just expected it to be cleaner and more peaceful for the money I spent.

Room Tip: If possible get a room on the third floor on the south side to filter out noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Twix0731
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We came for crabbing and sand car fun in Tillamook County. We found high marks for this establishment so we thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed!

Upon check in, we were greeted with a warm smile from the front desk clerk, but also by the wonderful smell of BBQ. As the complimentary snack waiting for travelers to arrive was very tasty BBQ pulled pork sliders, Tillamook Cheese and sausage from the Tillamook County Smokers. Very delightful way to greeted.

The room was adequate and cozy. Comfortable bed and atypical amenities awaited the guests.
A pool and sauna were available which were very nice to relax in. Parking seemed scarce up front, but there was ample parking in back.

We had been crabbing and got to use their facility for cooking them, when we were done, they brought us newspaper, melted butter, and helped us pull tables together for our feast. They went above and beyond and found an amazing gem on the coast.

The breakfast was WONDERFUL! What a feast! Scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, waffles fresh fruit, and Biscuits & Gravy, between the four of us we tried everything and it was all good! We spoke to the Chef while we indulged in the bountiful breakfast.

If you happen to be in Garibaldi fishing or just sight seeing, be sure you make reservations at the Garibaldi House. It will surprise you to find such a nice place in a recreational fishing town!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garibaldi
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Garibaldi House Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!