My husband and I were traveling through the area and, after seeing some reviews of Oregon's Garibaldi Inn, we decided to give it a try. We had no expectations, but were VERY surprised at this quiet, well-managed, nicely appointed and modestly-priced hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable, and we later learned from Gene, the owner who ran it all smoothly in an understated way, that he had the beds made locally to his own personal specifications. That is just one example of his care and attention to detail. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated, with everything we needed and nothing we didn't. The lobby was lovely (huge fireplace) and welcoming, with coffee and animal cookies waiting for arriving guests. A tasty free afternoon snack of barbecued pulled pork sandwiches was offered as well. Coffee, hot chocolate, etc., was available at all hours in the breakfast buffet area, and a full hot breakfast was served in the morning. Gene again served it and visited with guests. I enjoyed the heated lap pool.
We learned that Gene was actually a licensed lawyer in Oregon and that this was his second "retirement". He and his wife decided they needed a project. They searched Oregon and selected the Garibaldi Inn. They had only two criteria: 1) that the hotel they selected was a failed business, and 2) that making it a success would help the community. And after 4 years they are succeeding.
As we checked out Gene gave us detailed directions of how to drive for the best views of the three cape area.
We enjoyed our stay there very much and will stay there again when we are in the area. My best wishes to Gene for continued success at his Garibaldi Inn in Garibaldi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from the Pacific Ocean--and miles and miles of magnificent coastal beaches--the Garibaldi House 50-room hotel is perfect for family vacations and weekend getaways.At the Garibaldi House, we do more than rent rooms--we want our guests to enjoy a true Oregon Coast-style hospitality experience. That means making sure you enjoy a comfortable stay with the conveniences of a modern hotel, but with the friendly atmosphere of a small bed and breakfast.And in Garibaldi, centrally located at the north end of Tillamook bay near the mouth, the air is as fresh as the ocean and forests that surround it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Garibaldi House Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garibaldi House Hotel Garibaldi
- Garibaldi House Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Garibaldi
- Garibaldi Comfort Inn