This lovely boutique hotel in Garibaldi OR was recommended by my fishing guide but it was anything but a fishing shack. The owners, Carol and Gene, have completely refurbished an old Comfort Inn into a classy destination you'll want to return to as soon as possible. It's a small, boxy 3-story motel on the outside, but once you walk through the front doors a new experience emerges. The front desk employees are welcoming and friendly, a cozy fire is burning, and wonderful afternoon snacks of summer sausage, local cheeses, Gene's world famous clam chowder, tasty crackers, cookies, popcorn and salt water taffy are beautifully presented for your enjoyment as you settle into comfortable leather couches. Daily local newspapers are scattered about to keep you up to date with the news. The paint is fresh and the windows are clean. It smells like home, if your home is immaculate. Your room is fresh with comfortable beds and cozy linens, the bathroom is sparkling with a good showerhead, clean tub, sanitized toilet, and spa-grade cosmetics and soaps are provided. Breakfast is served starting at 5:00 am, a great convenience for fishermen or travelers wanting an early start, and is a complete buffet featuring a couple of types of real scrambled eggs, link sausages, potatoes, waffles, pork sausage gravy and what appeared to be home baked biscuits, mini-muffins, pastries, breads, juice, assorted cereals and, of course, delicious coffee that always seems freshly brewed. Carol and Gene are always around, cheerful and attentive, and wanting to make the hotel as pleasant as possible. Carol even tries to bribe you with wonderful chocolates, something quite unnecessary but extremely welcome. The rates are a bargain too! Don't miss this wonderful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from the Pacific Ocean--and miles and miles of magnificent coastal beaches--the Garibaldi House 50-room hotel is perfect for family vacations and weekend getaways.At the Garibaldi House, we do more than rent rooms--we want our guests to enjoy a true Oregon Coast-style hospitality experience. That means making sure you enjoy a comfortable stay with the conveniences of a modern hotel, but with the friendly atmosphere of a small bed and breakfast.And in Garibaldi, centrally located at the north end of Tillamook bay near the mouth, the air is as fresh as the ocean and forests that surround it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Garibaldi House Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garibaldi House Hotel Garibaldi
- Garibaldi House Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Garibaldi
- Garibaldi Comfort Inn