“Great Budget Motel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Garibaldi
Whitecourt, Canada
“Great Budget Motel”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

After the visitors center in Rockaway called every accommodations within 10 miles for us, the lady finally found us a vacancy at this motel in Garibaldi. We were extremely relieved to find somewhere to stay on a Friday in August during the Annual Tuna Classic. The Motel staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was large and clean, and the shower was great! Lots of parking, and a great location. Kelley's restaurant is across the parking lot where we met some locals in the lounge and ate an amazing meal. We also had a few beers at the Ghost Hole on their flower filled patio. The locals were super friendly, and the service was great. We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am a general manager for choice hotels, and Econo Lodge is a low scale so I expect this to be a little run down, this one is by far the best one i'ver stayed at so far. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. The room was very spacious and had a very neat view of the passing Oregon Coast Railroad, that does not run during the night thank god, and it is a very old steam engine, so my nephew who was with made his whole stay. He stared out the window for almost a whole hour just amazed. When a place has a good view like that to entertain an 8 year old for that long, then they have something going right for them. To add to the luxury of the establishment, a nice very inexpensive restaurant with awesome food and very yummy strawberry french toast. Kelley's place is the name of the joint. Made everything very conveinient for having everything so close. I was a little nervous about the small fishing town atmosphere but when my brother in law and me went to the local lounge, Ghost Hole Public House, the locals were very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be back to this hotel, and for any future reference if your thinking of staying, remember that it is not a Hilton, it is an Econo Lodge and they are doing one hell of a job making this place comfortable and accommodating. I am a general manger for a choice hotel and I am very proud to have this establishment in out franchise. Keep up all the good work guys, well see you again soon. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same view and 32" flat screens. No DVD players though.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Csmith187197
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed due to a local event on the evening of the 4th - great location for getting around Garibaldi by foot, especially fishing folks. The Staff were very helpful is getting matching rooms
and working with our pet issues. Food/Fuel was nearby in various locations. Both families enjoyed their stay there. Rooms very clean, quiet and enough room to get around in. We'll stay here again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John D
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Staying at an Econolodge is always taking a risk but I was pleasantly surprised with this location. Front desk staff was great, the room was clean and the hot water was plentiful. If I found myself in the area again I would have not have a second thought about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank halofanone
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ordinarily, we use Comfort or Sleep Inns with the Choice brand, but decided on this one-niter Econo Lodge for the price, for a quick trip to the coast. Basically, you get what you pay for. Check-in was pleasant. Room Clean. Quiet, but hotel was far from being full (May) so it would be difficult to judge during their busy season. Skip the "breakfast". Packaged rolls with lousy coffee. Room did include a microwave, fridge, and flat screen t.v. and there seemed to be some upgrading. Nothing fancy about this hotel, but if the price suits you, it might be a good fit for a one-niter, like us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2012

At $67.00 a night, I knew I wouldn't be staying at the Ritz, so my expectations weren't too high. That said, I shopped based solely on price, and simply went with the lowest priced hotel in the area. I check in a bit earlier than 3:00pm. The woman at the desk was very friendly and pleasant.

My room was... okay. It's beyond me, though, why the rooms here have microwaves and refrigerators, but not coffee makers or irons. That just doesn't make sense to me. There was no towel rack by the sink. I thought that was odd.

My room door lacked a security chain or similar device. I wasn't really concerned about someone breaking into my room, but I could see where there used to be a chain installed, as there were holes from the screws in the wall. The door also lacked adequate weather stripping. Now, this didn't really matter to me, as I had the heat cranked for the majority of my stay. But it's something that'll end up costing the owners money, which will likely result in higher prices.

The "continental breakfast" was pretty laughable. Basically you had coffee, some pre-packaged Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and some yogurt. Again, Econo Lodge isn't exactly know for its amenities, but would it kill them to put out some fruit, or maybe a toaster and some English muffins?

What's excellent about this hotel is the location. While the hotel doesn't have a lounge or restaurant, it's was well within walking distance of bars and eateries. It was also a nice place to stay outside of a busier town like, say, Rockaway Beach.

Would I stay here again? Yeah, probably, just because of the low cost and the location. Garibaldi isn't the type of town where Hilton or Crowne Plaza are options, so you have to take what you can get.

As much as I could complain about this or that, it's an Econo Lodge. That suggests a certain level of service and amenities. I'll say again, though, that the woman at the desk (who was there every time I went to the office, regardless of time of day) was beyond pleasant, and that goes a long was for me...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SteveParr
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Dark, dingy, smelled like smoke (non smoking room!). OLD uncomfortable bed, very little water flow from shower, stainless kitchen type sink in room. Continental breakfast? More like a cheap snack bar. We felt compelled to disinfect EVERYTHING prior to settling in. (no, we're not germophobes)
Someone next door slammed the door in the middle of the night and a picture fell off the wall.
Apparently this motel is used by fishermen when they come to town, so expect fishing boats/trailers in the parking lot, along with noise, tobacco smoke, and more noise. It really was NOT a clean place, and the town wasn't much better. If we ever visit Garibaldi again, it will be while passing through as quickly as possible. (speed limit!!!)
We've enjoyed Choice Properties on many trips, so I won't refuse to stay at them, but be warned! Read all the reviews before you commit and end up wishing you'd stayed elsewhere like we did!!

Room Tip: DO NOT make reservations unless you know what you're getting into. I recommend that if you are...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brad B

Travelers are raving about these Garibaldi hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garibaldi
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Econo Lodge Garibaldi? Share your experiences!