Crater Lake Resort
$120
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Running Y Ranch Resort(Klamath Falls)
$169
$89
$54
$64
$62
A-1 Budget Motel(Klamath Falls)
$70
$110
$125
$115
Maverick Motel(Klamath Falls)(Great Value!)
$69
$59
River Park Inn(Klamath Falls)
$57
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfree canoessmall storeone nightrv sitessmall cabinfire pitgreat place to stay if you'rebeautiful campgroundpicture windowstocked with dishesequipped kitchengrassy areacovered bridgetent campingtravel trailernice hikingnearest town
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and had a creek side cabin. It had a small fridge, cook top, toaster, and grill outside. A great option for families.

It was a two bedroom with one room with a door and one bed in the living room. Probably the only downside is if you need a lot of darkness to sleep you should choose the back bedroom and bring an eye mask. The main room looks on the creek, which is lovely, but the shades don't cover the entire window.

There is a ton for kids to do here. We went canoeing, played foosball, air hockey, and on the swings.

It's a little far from Crater Lake, but one of the closer options. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

In 2012 after planning my perfect wedding at Sundance Resort in Utah, my fiancé and I found out he would be getting deployed before the wedding date. After finding out that news I had to scrape that wedding in lieu of a smaller wedding with just family before he left. We decided that we would have a small destination wedding at Crater Lake National Park in September 2012. We invited my parents, his parents and our best friends, as well as our two dogs. I was planning a 5 day trip and wedding for all these people and also had to find places that were pet friendly. I was looking for a place to stay that was close enough to the Lake that we weren’t traveling long distances the day of the wedding and also that could accommodate 5 separate parties and 2 dogs. Oh, and the family members were coming from Los Angeles and New York (not very outdoorsy people)
I came across the Crater Lake Resort when I was doing my research. It looked like a very cozy comfortable and relaxing resort and they were pet friendly. I immediately called up the resort to make our reservations and I spoke to Jim the owner. He was very accommodating and helpful ensuring that we could put the whole party in one location and avoid disturbing any possible neighbors. We paid our deposits and he sent a prompt email for confirmation.
When we arrived Jim checked our whole party in. As soon as we got there he informed us that we could rent kayaks if we were interested for free which was a nice touch. The cabins were wonderful, we had the creek side cabins which were right on the creek. The view out of the window was so relaxing and had every need that we could have wanted. Since the “rehearsal dinner” was cooked by the boys, they said that the grills worked perfectly. The ladies made all the sides and we didn’t have any problems storing food or drinks in the fridges provided. We stayed a total of 3 nights and they were perfect. There was a fire pit that we frequented every night just to hang out and chat and a large patio table that had a deck large enough to seat everyone. The only down fall is that since you are on the creek there will be bugs and mosquitos. We had plenty of bug spray knowing that we were going up in prime bug season so it wasn’t much of a problem for us. The cabins didn’t have a bug problem at all once you were inside. There was a great grassy field right out front from the cabins which our dogs loved. The boys went fishing in the creak while we had a spa day in Medford, but they said that they didn’t have much luck.
Crater Lake Resort is a gem right next to the park. I want to say it is probably one of the closest places to stay aside from the lodges inside the park. We had a wonderful stay here and it made our wedding such a special time. It is definitely a vacation I will never forget and I thank Jim and Babs for their amazing hospitality during our stay.

Room Tip: Get a creekside room, it's only a little more in cost but a great way to wake up in the morning!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

OK - so I'm a city girl and when I think resort, I'm thinking Disney World or Gaylord Texan. It's not that kind of resort, but what a wonderful place it is. We stayed in one of their creekside cabins one night and wished that we had a lot more time to linger there.

First it's just gorgeous - out in the middle of nowhere and green beyond belief. Lawns, playgrounds, a lake, wooden bridges over wetlands, trees. What a paradise.

There is plenty for families to do. It was too cold for the water when I was there, but the lake is outfitted for fun in the sun. There's a playground, lawn games, BBQ grills, walking trail, all kinds of stuff. Marvelous idea for a family reunion. There's a community room with games and books and lots of tables.

Our cabin was small and rustic, but very clean and completely adequate. There was outdoor furniture so you could sit near your cabin and visit with your neighbors. There were also larger cabins and RV hookups.

The office is also a convenience store and they have food and necessities, but not a great lot of selection, so I'd do my grocery shopping elsewhere. However, the people who run the place are all delightful and very much want you to have a good time.

City folk, this is out in the middle of nowhere. We did drive to a casino not too far away for some dinner, but for the most part, nightlife means crickets. I happened to love it!

Room Tip: The creekside cabins are perfect for couples. They have a kitchenette with microwave, but no stove. Roomy bathroom facilities.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

There's creekside cabins and creekside cabins. The bed in our cabin at Crater Lake Resort was alongside a picture window which was alongside the creek. It was magic! The cabin was perfect, the grounds immaculate and the family who run the resort friendly and welcoming. We were not warned about the sulphurous water though. At first we thought it was the drains as it only smelt strongly in the shower. In other words it was perfectly OK to drink but I got quite nauseous in the shower! It didn't matter, though. As soon as we realised it was the water not the drains we were OK about it!

Room Tip: Don't worry about the water!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I did countless hours of research on where to stay near Crater Lake and finally settled on this mainly because of price and proximity to the park. We could not have been happier. It is a nice quiet little area, off the beaten path. The property itself reminds me of a small KOA style campground with RV hookups and cabins. Each cabin comes equipped with a mini kitchen and stocked with dishes and cookware. We stayed in one of the smaller cabins, but it was plenty of room for 2 people. The main lodge has a small selection of foods and tons of board games and DVD's available for your use. There is also a small cabin on property that has kayaks and life jackets free for the use of the guests on the creek, which surrounds the property. We took one out for a few hours and had a blast! We also made use of the campgrounds propane grill and make ourselves a delicious dinner. Prices are cheaper in the off season and the quality and service were top notch!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends