“Eh. I'll drive to Hillsboro from now on...”
Review of La Sierra

La Sierra
Ranked #15 of 64 Restaurants in Forest Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The first couple of times we went here for take out it wasn't bad. The burrito was ok. This last visit however sealed the deal. My kids' quesadilla was pretty gross- they didn't really eat much of it. The cheese was a blob- not melted, not solid. My carnitas were not fatty, and did have some flavor, but everything kind of tasted like old grease. Beans and rice were bland, and again with the weird cheese. The guacamole tasted packaged. Really not impressed.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We took our son and a bunch of his buddies to celebrate birthday and were very happy. Large portions, freshly prepared, and incredibly varied menu. Shrimp fajitas in a bizarre tomato based sauce, but traditional items like burritos and enchiladas were strong. Tons of chips replenished before we needed to ask. Excellent service and very reasonably priced. Can't go wrong here, especially with college students.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This little place is in a strip mall near Pacific college and we just stumbled upon when we took a wrong turn. I am glad that we did because is was quite good. We had very professional service and really enjoyed our meal. The salsa was good, the chips were hot and fresh, and more were offered without asking (something that is becoming rare in Mexican restaurants, I have noticed). I judge a Mexican restaurant by their chiles rellenos and at La Sierra they were excellent, light and not overly fried and greasy. Next time I am in Forest Grove, I will stop in at La Sierra to try more of their dishes. It was also a very clean restaurant, which is enjoyable for the diner. Well done.

2  Thank Wine76
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Sometimes I just want a plate of rice and beans to eat with chips and salsa. La Sierra fits the bill. Service is good, fast, and I like the salsa. Also, the pork here is really tasty. This is an average Mexican restaurant - not great but not bad.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Carne asada - tough, and gristly, and the fatty parts tasted old. Not really the type of spices I am used to on mexican food, and it's one of my go to food types. Platters are HUGE, but really, more is not better. I'd rather have smaller plates better made.