“A wonderful place to stay”

Best Western University Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Forest Grove
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Quality, efficiency, and excellence is what I found at this Best Western. A very warm and kind staff, great breakfasts, and clean facility all round. I would recommend this Best Western to anyone in the area looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very friendly & accommodating staff. Nice breakfast with healthy choices. Clean & comfortable rooms. I'm germophobic, so was very impressed with the hotel's sanitation policies from the easily cleaned remote to the clean bathrooms & upkeep throughout the property. None of that "Eeeew, yuk!" feeling you get at many hotels. This is the standard all Best Westerns should strive to achieve. I'd stay at BW hotels more often if they all lived up to this standard!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very nice Best Western facility. Excellent staff especially the evening clerk. Went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed our short stay. Rooms are a little dated but very clean. Breakfast was very good - typical cold items plus eggs, waffles, sausage and hot biscuits. Easy access to Forest Grove. Would be my first choice were I to visit the area again!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a quality place. The room was furnished very nice. The Decor was nice, Was quiet. Breakfast was good Whoever did the refurbishing work did an excellent job. The tile is nice and in good taste. Would recommend this BW to anyone at anytime. The location is great close to our families. Since we are from out of town this is an excellent place to stay. We will be back

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I traveled to Forest Grove, Oregon to visit family, and I needed a place to stay. Actually, I have stayed at the Best Western in Forest Grove before, and I was impressed the first time. This stay lived up to my high expectations. I am sure I will be back again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Friendly service and accommodations. Price is high compared to other hotels in area. The only reason this hotel would be better is if it had an elevator. We stayed on the second floor and our luggage was heavy. Fine to stay if on the first floor with luggage.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

To Whom It May Concern,
First, I want to take a moment to applaud Jenifer, the front desk here @ the Forest Grove Best Western motel. This is my/our 3rd or 4th stay here in the last 3-4 months (May-July 2013). 3 of those times she has been the night desk clerk and went out of her way to provide excellent service in helping us get a room when the motel was fully booked by keeping us posted on cancellations and she also helped us set up my Intel discount which resulted in subsequent stays. She has a fantastic demeanor, is quite knowledgeable and just makes us feel welcome. I apologize for not having done feedback sooner, but I usually had our 2, 5 & 7 yr old with us, got busy and forgot. So multiply this response by 3 to get the feeling of our appreciation for her. In all honesty, the staff in general is ok - though a few are not nearly as amiable, she just really stands out. If this sounds inflated, understand that part of my professional background included 4 yrs as a quality manager. I understand what customer service means and the importance of recognizing it when it is exceptionally demonstrated. So, please take a moment to recognizer her as I and my wife are doing now.

On a separate note, this motel really needs an elevator. I am partially handicapped and use a cane. On several of the trips, we booked at the last minute and arrived late. As such, we got the only available room(s) which were always on the 2nd floor. That would have been fine except for the stairs. It would really reflect highly in the ADA community who visit here if there was handicap access to the 2nd floor. Otherwise, the rooms were all in great condition, well maintained, quiet, in excellent repair and intelligently laid out. The only reason I rated this property as 4 stars out of 5 was due to the lack of 2nd floor handicap access.

Best Regards,
Danny & Shelley Cowperthwait

Room Tip: If you are handicapped, be sure to request a room on the 1st floor. There is no handicap access to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shalini P, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking out time and letting us know how we are doing at property.
Jasmin our night auditor is indeed a jewel and thank you for recognizing it.

Sorry , we do not have elevator in our property but we do have special type of rooms which are downstairs, so please request that with front desk and they will be happy to assist you with the request.

Will see you next time during your visit.

Best,

Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Hillsboro-Evergreen Park
Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Comfort Inn Conference Center

Been to Best Western University Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!