“Hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Forest Grove
Roseburg, Oregon
“Hospitality”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

All employees treated me like family. Freindly, helpful, courteous and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. I was staying at this hotel because it was close to places that I needed to be in attendance. My mother has passed away and the staff was concerned about me and family. My brother is from Wasilla, Ak and was also staying there. Both of us had stayed at this hotel many times previous to this occasion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy K
Brandon K, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for staying with us and allowing us to serve you during this difficult life transition. While your stay wasn't one of much pleasure I am glad that you found our hotel comforting and inviting. We hope to have you stay again, under better circumstances of course.

I will pass your message on to the other team members and thank you again for your continued patronage.

-Brandon Kraft

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Spokane, Washington, USA
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The service was quick and always with a smile. My room was clean roomy. There was never a problem with the room temperature - easy to regulate. The buffet breakfast was great. The room was very quiet and I always felt safe.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank VERNA R
Brandon K, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear VERNA R,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your kind words! We are happy to serve you and make your stay safe and comfortable. We can't wait to have you and your family back with us again and appreciate you taking the time to post this review.

Until Next time,

Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Im in my room at this hotel right now. It is 8:55am and it sounds like a jackhammer on the other side of the wall. Not trying to sleep but I do have a few hours of work and phone calls I need to get done before we get back on the road and to say the noise is intrusive would be an understatement.
Have stayed here several times before and the rooms are clean and actually quite nice. Overall its a nice property with helpful staff. However, after this experience I will reconsider next time as it seems the property management should have been more pro-active and notified us (in case we planned to sleep in) and offered a significant discount as this is more than a minor inconvenience. I understand the need for construction but in this case the expectation was not set properly and could have been handled more professionally & transparently by this property.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brandon K, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear guest

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet our expectations. We are currently under construction with 18 guest rooms on the west side of the building. We have done everything we can to eliminate the impact to our guests. We do have a plastic barrier up to prevent dust form circulating to other areas of the hotel. We also require that no work be done between the hours of 5:00 pm and 8:00 am. We are estimating the work to be completed March 1st.

Thank you again for your patience and feedback. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Oregon
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here twice this summer prior to races in the area. Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Bathrooms are a bit small. Staff was friendly and corrected an error in our reservation (somehow they missed the dog, which is why I called to make a reservation directly versus making it online) without incident. The second visit we were upgraded to a larger room. Super close to McMenamins Grand Lodge (great for dinner, drinks and entertainment) but I dont have to share my bath!!! Good deal for the price. Breakfast does not start very early - we missed it both times so not sure how good it was. (Note that both visits were prior to the fire. In fact we had just checked out a few hours before and were staying adjacent to the fire location. I have no idea how this has affected the hotel. Would still stay there in the future)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon K, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear prtlndblnd,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for staying with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and to hear that you would come back for future stays. I do thank you for your patience with the miscommunication on your reservation concerning your pet. I am glad this was taken care of and your stay was enjoyable.

Our breakfast times are 6am-9am during the week, 7am-10am Saturdays and Sundays. I hope you get the chance to enjoy it the next time you are in town.

As for the fire, we are on our way to a better hotel. We want to keep spreading the word that we are most definitely open for business and are so appreciative to all of out guests that have continued to be faithful patrons.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are excited to see you on your next trip to Forest Grove.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Best Western is the best place to stay in Forest Grove - among a limited set of choices, of course. But if you're visiting Pacific University or otherwise need to stay, be aware that the hotel is down about a third of its rooms, as a result of a fire caused by a guest carelessly flicking a cigarette away. Everything at the hotel remains as expected - reliable service, comfortable rooms, generic environment. Perfectly serviceable. But fewer rooms available, and at my last stay there, the desk clerk said they were likely down until March. So if you're going for an event, my advice is book early.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
chowmein2012, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Navajorug,

Thank you so much for staying with us in Forest Grove. We appreciate the feedback that all of our guests give as it's informative and allows us to continually improve on the services we provide. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

With the incident that occurred in September, we have found the opportunity to move forward and improve the hotel. When we are completed we will have 18 brand new rooms, updated carpet as well as a new look and atmosphere throughout the entire hotel.

Thank you for mentioning that while we are down some rooms, we are most definitely open for business. We are continually working with our contractors to create the most comfortable atmosphere possible to the end of the project. I want to assure you that no guest areas are obstructed by this work and all of our available rooms maintain the ultra-clean standards you have come to expect from our property.

Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope that you will stay with us in the future!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here in September 2012 for a wedding and was a little unsure about how the stay was going to be. As we have stayed at Best Westerns before, the quality varies from property to property. This location is extremely convenient located right on the main street.Check out McMenamins which is located right down the road!

Rooms were clean and newly updated - a pleasant surprise. We stayed on the 1st floor so the stairs/no elevator was not a problem for us. Parking was free, a free breakfast was offered and there was also a pool. Customer service definitely did lack. Front desk agents were not the friendliest nor had a high level of professionalism. While this wasn't a deal breaker, I was a tad disappointed.

To me, this is a basic property with a few added perks that make for a pleasant stay. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Request 1st floor if you have special assistance needs as there is no elevator!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
chowmein2012, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Katyjoy32,

Thank you for staying with us in Forest Grove. We appreciate your feedback and your business. I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities and found McMenamins to enjoy for food. I do want to thank you as well for bringing the level of customer service to my attention. It isn't my desire to give you anything less than excellent customer service to make your stay that much more enjoyable. I will do a better job at setting the example and setting a higher expectations for my crew in this area so you will not be disappointed on your next trip to Forest Grove.

Thank you for choosing our Best Western location and Best Western across the nation. We want to strive to give our very best and improve on our areas of need.

Hope to see you soon!

Comfort Inn Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro
Residence Inn Portland Hillsboro/Brookwood

Been to Best Western University Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!