“Gotta Love a local Sakery”
Review of SakeOne

SakeOne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nestled in the beautiful outskirts of Portland, Oregon, SakéOne is a rare entertaining experience that brings you only the best premium saké from Oregon, in our brewery, and select Japanese imports. Our sakés range from classics, to bolder more contemporary profiles, and even fruit infused. Ready to taste? Our tasting room is open seven days a week and offers three different flight options and a tasting tray for additional purchase.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

It's delightful having a Sake producer locally. Try one of their Sake flights... I definitely give it a 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

A great little tour. Really impressed by the whole operation! Beautiful facilities, loved seeing all the stainless steel vats, 1000# rice bags and learning how sake is made. The gal (Emily?) who toured us was upbeat and gave a really informative talk while shuffling us along in our shoe booties. Loved it!!
The tasting afterwards was so wonderful. I have enjoyed sake in the past but now I have an understanding that helps me make more choices into areas my palate will delight in. Thanks.

1  Thank grannybud
Reviewed October 1, 2012

the sake itself is good and they explain that good sake is served cold. i guess i have come to like sake served warm or hot either from always drinking it that way or whatever. i also know that sake is a form of wine but that doesn't make it ok to be a snob. not all but a lot of wine tasting places are full of snotty people that look down their nose at you and that's the feeling i got here. i don't expect anything more or less from a place like this so i gave this place an average rating.

1  Thank rb44chinook
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went on a tour and tasting at the SakeOne Brewery in Forest Grove last week. We had never had Sake before and thought it might be interesting to try. So, for $5.00 my husband and I shared a taste of 6 different sakes. I can't say we became sake lovers, but we ended up taking a bottle of coconut/lemon grass infused sake home for fun to try with friends. The tour was great. We saw the process rice has to go through and how just 3 other ingredients are added to produce this sake-the first American run Sake Brewery in the States. The tour was free and very informative. Fun side trip on the way to the coast from Portland!

1  Thank TerrieGeorgetown
Reviewed August 9, 2012

excellent sake, friendly & knowledgeable staff; excellent way to finish a day of mediocre wine tasting.

2  Thank Bill_92109