“Sake!”
Review of SakeOne

SakeOne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nestled in the beautiful outskirts of Portland, Oregon, SakéOne is a rare entertaining experience that brings you only the best premium saké from Oregon, in our brewery, and select Japanese imports. Our sakés range from classics, to bolder more contemporary profiles, and even fruit infused. Ready to taste? Our tasting room is open seven days a week and offers three different flight options and a tasting tray for additional purchase.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went on a tour and tasting at the SakeOne Brewery in Forest Grove last week. We had never had Sake before and thought it might be interesting to try. So, for $5.00 my husband and I shared a taste of 6 different sakes. I can't say we became sake lovers, but we ended up taking a bottle of coconut/lemon grass infused sake home for fun to try with friends. The tour was great. We saw the process rice has to go through and how just 3 other ingredients are added to produce this sake-the first American run Sake Brewery in the States. The tour was free and very informative. Fun side trip on the way to the coast from Portland!

1  Thank TerrieGeorgetown

Reviewed August 9, 2012

excellent sake, friendly & knowledgeable staff; excellent way to finish a day of mediocre wine tasting.

2  Thank Bill_92109
Reviewed March 17, 2012

the dedication and enterprising spirit behind the business, unique in Oregon. I confess to not being a connoisseur of Sake but what I have tasted stands up well to Japanese brands according to my wife and a friend, who are much more knowledgeable on the subject than I.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Having never been to a Sake brewery, Sake One was a place I really wanted to visit during our trip to Portland. It was well worth the drive.

We came during the Valentine's Day weekend celebration, which turned out to be pretty nice. They had paired up with a local chef to prepare some delicious food to go along with their amazing sakes. The gentleman that was pouring the sake was very friendly and knowledgeable about all the sakes.

What I enjoyed almost as much as the tasting, was the tour. A couple times a day they provide a guided 10-15 minute tour through the process of making sake. It was really interesting and the best part was how great it smelled all the way through.

If you're anywhere near the Willamette Valley, it's definitely worth driving over to Sake One for a tour and tasting.

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Loved this place! Very interesting tour, great tasting (We got the one with the food pairings, I recommend this) and good fun. Nice place.