“As always, met expectations”

McMenamins Grand Lodge
Ranked #13 of 64 Restaurants in Forest Grove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Spokane, Washington
“As always, met expectations”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My family and I recently ate at McMenamins in Forest Grove for the first time. We had eaten at McMenamins in Portland and in Lincoln City, and as usual we were pleased with what we got. It is wonderful to have a restaurant that provides both good food and gluten-free options. Loved it!

Visited March 2014

Forest Grove
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty setting for crappy service...”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This place is entirely overrated. If you like (or love) waiting for hours for your food, having ridiculously slow servers and catching attitude from the bartenders, this is your place. I can’t entirely blame the servers, as every time I’m there, they seem to never have enough servers. I almost feel sorry for these people, but they still work there. I’ve always had slow service. Every single time. The food is good (when you get it) except for them changing the hummus plate to pickled carrots from fresh carrots which I personally thought was lame, everything is pretty good. It comes with a hefty price tag. The beer is good but pricey. Overall this whole place is mediocre with a premium price tag. I actually try to avoid it. BUT BUT BUT, they do always have great buildings and décor. It’s a truly beautiful place. Is that worth the price? You choose.

• Visited March 2013
Oregon
“Great atmosphere.... hit and miss on food”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love sitting outside on beautiful days and enjoying the greenery and the company I'm with, but Mcmenamins just can't get the food right. There is usually something wrong at every visit. It's really disappointing because the atmosphere is so great. I really wish Forest Grove had another outdoor restaurant with good food. As we were about to leave the yard house, and I was so disappointed with my dinner, I realized all those empty tables were saying something..... people go other places because of the poor food and inconsistency Mcmenamins offers.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank elle_oregon
Portland, Oregon, United States
“You can walk the grounds while you're waiting for service..”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

and still not have the food ready when you return an hour later! We rode our bikes from Hillsboro (5-10 miles) through the back roads and arrived hoping to eat a quick something before it got dark. Contrary to other places, our waitress was quite personable and at least checked on us from time to time. We still waited about 45 minutes for a turkey wrap and a cheeseburger. I don't see this as the fault of the waitress so much because she took our order in a timely fashion. I'm thinking cooking backup, with having too little cooks or not enough grills, or both. When it started to sprinkle, we got our food to go (which they just happened to have handy). Maybe that's what everyone should do, is order their food to go. I'm done. There are plenty of other great breweries around where customer service isn't an inconvenience. I'm going there. This is short because I spent all my energy reviewing the Gearhart Hotel and the lack of service there. Don't settle for poor service..Go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lawrence O
Orange Co. CA
“Interesting”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good food inside hotel and outside the grounds. Beautiful green lawns, flowers were all in bloom nice walk around the grounds.

Visited August 2013