We headed to the Grand Lodge after spending a night at the McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale. I was first underwhelmed because I was comparing it to the huge open property at Edgefield. But upon our arrival the gentleman that checked us was funny and efficient. We got the last room available so it wasn't the best. It was a single queen with the bathroom down the hall. There was one bathroom for women whereas there were about 5-6 on our floor at Edgefield. The room was one tight fit for two people but we only slept in there so it was ok. We had dinner in the basement bar while some excellent music was being performed. We met so many nice people and had a great time! The wine is a bit week but you can't find better beer! Their saltwater soaking pool was not nearly as nice as Edgefield's but we had a good time in it and all the people were so much fun! The next day we got a massage in the spa. The Ruby Spa was also nicer at Edgefield but the massages were EXCELLENT! One of the best I've had. I would highly recommend the Grand Lodge and am looking forward to going to all the McMenamins properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make a grand escape to McMenamins Grand Lodge! It's all in the details here, with the stately columns and winding drive, wide green lawn, 77 European-style guestrooms, restaurants, movie theater and small bars and some of the most fantastic artwork to ever grace these walls. Built in 1922 as a Masonic & Eastern Star home, the Grand Lodge has stories to tell. Renovated and opened by McMenamins in 2000, what was once tranquil and serene is now vibrant and colorful. Here the walls do speak... As do the doorways, the hallways, and even the overhead pipes. (Look up...)Inspired by the history of the city of Forest Grove and the building itself, McMenamins' artists have infused the Grand Lodge with original artwork and historical photographs - all tributes to the cast of characters who left their mark before us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your McMenamins Grand Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mcmenamins Grand Hotel Forest Grove
- Mcmenamins Grand Forest Grove