“It's ok”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“It's ok”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The wait staff are friendly and enthusiastic, but the freshly prepared food is a bit hit or miss considering the relatively pricey menu. My wife had a Caesar salad, which was fine, and tomato bisque, which was not good. My cocktail was excellent, and my entree was very good. Apparently the bruschetta appetizer is a Stecchino Bistro trademark of sorts, however I personally don't think it's a must-have.
I would avoid going with children, but if you are a big authentic French/Italian fan it's probably worth a try for an adult outing.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank aguman

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dissapointed”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very slow service. By the time we were served the entrees, they were cold. Have had better Italian food elsewhere. Very pricy for mediocre food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 5lilia
Sonoma County, Callifornia
“Wonderful discovery!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stecchino Bistro is a small, quaint Italian bistro offering amazing food. The décor is warm and inviting. The menu changes daily based upon what’s available locally. Everything is cooked fresh to order. There is no microwave at Stecchino Bistro, and their freezer is only used to keep the gelato frozen. They serve dinner only, spending most of each day making fresh pasta and preparing for dinner service. I had beef and wild mushroom ravioli in a cream sauce smothered with more wild mushrooms over the top. It was magnificent! My vegetarian friend had a roasted beet salad he said was the best beet salad he’d ever eaten. There’s also a very good wine selection to go with your meal. Our waiter, Atuey, was very upbeat, attentive, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend you visit Stecchino Bistro and give them a try – you’ll be glad you did, and will come back for more!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank helmerphud
Olympia, WA
“Exceptional”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This small restaurant is exceptional. My wife and I had two meals there because we liked it so much. Another restaurant in Forest Grove had actually been recommended to us, but this place looked far better. Stecchino is a small family owned restaurant with fresh meals every night. The wine list is more than satisfactory and the price is appropriate given the meal. I would recommend it to any one traveling in the area.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mjfoster
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Live only a few blocks away from this restaurant and decided to take my parents in for dinner. First they do not even have a high chair...come on this Forest Grove, not NYC or even the Pearl district in PDX. The waiter talked up the restaurant so much that it was very disappointing when the beef special my husband ordered came out burned on the bottom. My pasta dish was salty and gummy. The waiters (we had two different ones that night) never came and checked to see how we liked our food after it was served. Finally, don't order any cocktail from the bar...they couldn't even make a Long Island. I was so hoping this place would be a great find out here in FG but I don't think we will go back.

• Visited August 2013