“Best place in town for breakfast or lunch”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Forest Grove, Oregon
“Best place in town for breakfast or lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Cindy Smith has been the red haired proprietoress of 22nd Street Station for many years. We started going there about 10 years ago, when we had little kids, and we still go back for the food, the service, and Cindy's personality. We one of her many repeat customers. The quality of the food is consistently good. It's great for families, and prices are very reasonable. Sometimes she gets very busy, but overall service is prompt. Coffee is bottomless, and good. Northwest special is one of my favorites for breakfast.
They always have specials in addition to the regular menu, and usually they are SPECIAL! In summer they have outdoor dining under a tent canopy. There are two tables outside that smokers can use. Definitely our favorite restaurant in Forest Grove!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Strider97116

“Delicious home-cooked food. Breakfast all day! So glad we found it and gave it a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We've lived in this small town over 4 years and have never seen nor heard of this cute, little, dine-in restaurant. I've heard of it referred to as "the station" but never knew what it was. Anyway, I finally came upon it while driving around. It's in an odd location (on a residential street). One would never know it's there but it is obvious once you see it, that it's a restaurant. My husband and I rarely get to go out as a family (having 3 kids under age 5). This is a place we could definately dine-in with our kids. On our visit we had our barely 2 yr. old son. The wait person plopped a bucket of trains on the table that entertained him while we could actually read the entire menu! A rare event. Oh my! I wanted everything on the menu! Then the waitress came and told us the specials, which is what I chose. A sweet potato hash topped with eggs. Something I never would have thought to make at home (but will definately attempt!) It was delicious. My husband had the eggs benedict. I've had good and bad benedicts and this was definately one of the better. My kiddo had a pancake topped with berries. He ate every last bite. I don't blame him. It was fluffy the way one should be. I'm a bit of a coffee snob and I'd rate it a 6.5/10. Not bad. She was so good about keeping it hot. I only wish they had options for sweetners other than Equal. Not a biggie. The atmosphere is interesting in a very good way and from the second you walk in you feel very welcome. This is the kind of place that makes me happy to live in a small town. I look forward to going back as a whole family and trying other dishes. We were lucky to have cash on us as they don't except plastic.

• Visited November 2011
“Wonderful, family-friendly place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We decided to try this popular place on labor day weekend, when we thought it might not be as packed. With kids, we always try to eat breakfast before ten to avoid the crowds and this place was no exception! Several tables were available when we arrived and there was a line when we left! The owner was wonderful, sweet and great with our young girls. Before we ordered, she brought us a beautiful HUGE fresh fruit plate to keep them busy, complete with berries and tons of melon! Coffee was excellent! Strong and full-bodied, way better than most cafes today!
Food was hot and very tasty! And when the kids got bored, there were buckets of toys to keep them busy! They are cash or check only, so be prepared. We will most definetly be back

Seattle, United States
“Local diner hang-out is the place for weekend breakfast.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

Packed for breakfast every time I've been there, this diner in the old train station is hard to find but close to the Pacific University campus and worth the effort. It seems like everyone knows everyone else in the place, including the owners and servers. Food is good, basic breakfast food, a hearty corned beef hash, platters of french toast, eggs benedict with real hollandaise. Lots of conviviality. Maybe not the speediest service in the world but it's fine, and very very friendly. A warm welcoming place.