“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Forest Grove
Oregon
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

The property is obviously older but the room I had was quite clean and comfortable. Price related the value was very good. The microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator all worked as did the heat. The bathroom and all fixtures were clean and smelled good. The carpet was clean as was the bedding. The continental breakfast was adequate. I will return.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed here for the university's luau and everything was just ew. I would say I would have rather missed the luau before coming here. The pool needs to be resurfaced, and looks well ew. the bathroom floor to carpet "transition" was messed up, and spikes were showing> I stepped on it and got hurt and ruined my socks. The Dryer and microwave are old, tiny, and loud. The pull-out mattress fell apart after one night. The carpets were dirty, and the headboards fell off. Only one open plug. The shower was dirty. Bathroom fan broken, No towels in the pool area, and you have to ask for a key to it. When you do get towels, They are paper thin. The carpets are dirty. The window is sticky. The cover for the control panel of the A/C Fell off. Lamps broke apart when turned on. TV was terrible.The door locks were loose. The whole place is run by 3 people. 0 privacy. There was a guy who was trying to get a date with a traveling companion. He plays with freebies. This place was just terrible. DON'T STAY HERE, GOT IT?

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank kyle0440
abviforestgrove, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
I was reading you review and I'm sorry you visit was less than desirable, I asure you that ABVI and myself do not represent the problems that you stated, I recently took over this property march 2010, I have done everything to rectify all the bad reviews I've seen prior to me coming here, I would hope you give us another try and let us prove to you that things have changed for the better, please don't let your bad stay reflect on a future return or any ABVI properties.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Best Value Inn in Forest Grove this July. We found the room and the service very good, the rates quite reasonable. When we checked out, however, we discovered that our car had been burglarized during the final night of our stay and quite a few valuables had been stolen from the car and the trunk. Our car had been parked in the parking lot at the rear of the motel, and obviously there was not sufficient security lighting to deter the thieves, not to mention CCTV. We found the manager extremely unhelpful in our distress. All she could offer was the statement that this had not happened in five years. Cold comfort. There was no attempt at emotional support, nor any suggestion of an adjustment of our bill. The manager felt no moral obligation to us, as her guests who had been robbed on the motel premises, and was obviously not unhappy to see us leave. The police officer on the case was empathetic and helpful, but we left Forest Grove with very mixed feelings. Needless to say, we will not return to the Best Value Inn.

• Liked — room is spacious
  • Disliked — lack of security in rear parking area
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
I was reading your review and I am disturbed greatly that there was no or a lack of some kind of security, I have recently took over this property as of march 2010, and I assure you we have security every night which is myself, before I came to this property I had my own security company certified by the state of oregon, I also worked in security for 19 years prior to coming to this hotel, As I cannot promise 100% security, I can assure you there is some of the best security here you have ever seen, I hope you visit us again so you can see all the improvements made here including better attention to detail with security!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest Grove
The Dunes Motel
#16 of 19 in Hillsboro
Residence Inn Portland Hillsboro/Brookwood
Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!