“Beach front room”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Chico, California
“Beach front room”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Open the door to your room, and the full beach panorama greets you. If you want a beach view, this is the place. Stayed two nights. Very pleasant room (ours had kitchen), even a recliner to kick back and watch the birds and people on the beach. Access to beach right outside rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. A ways outside town so very quiet and relaxing. Truly a get-away from it all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
Springville
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped for one night on our trip up the coast. View was almost wonderful enough to make us forget about how much updating the room needed. Be prepared, it is way out of town. Loved the beach front, but didn't love the thin walls. Will probably plan to stay in one of the nearby towns on our next trip.

Room Tip: Try for a top floor. Less noise, but further to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The beds were very comfortable! We had a 2 queen with kitchen. The room was big and had a balcony, we were on the 2nd floor. View and beach access are the best! We only reserved 1 night, but they found a room we could stay the second night too! The kitchen is very usable with enough cookware and all to make a meal if you wanted. Bar for the kids to sit and eat/ play at. Small table also. The pool room was very warm..too warm for my husband! My daughter had fun at the pool. My son said wifi worked, but slow for games. We will go back soon! Florence is a great place and this hotel has the best beach front!

Room Tip: Get one on second or third floor and leave door open to hear the ocean while you sleep! All rooms h...
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is the best beach front hotel I can find, and I've been looking for over 12 years! My husband, a 11-year old daughter and 22 month old boy were all looking for a mini-getaway from Portland. The hotel had to have a great pool (as a former lifeguard, I'm very critical), and an affordable on-site restaurant, while the room had to have a kitchenette so that I could re-feed my toddler if he didn't eat at the local restaurants while the rest of us did....and yes, I need a good mattress to sleep on. Most hotels have that run-down quality, especially on the coast where I imagine the humidity accelerated destruction. Luckily, we had a nicely renovated room, with new carpeting, new dark wood kitchen cabinetry, new full size fridge (same goes for oven, dishwasher, and microwave). What a relief! You really didn't need to eat out, and if you opted not to cook, you cook pick up already prepared food 3 minutes away at Fred Meyer (on Hwy 101) or order in.
Now, careful, not all the rooms have been renovated, although, walking along the ground floor walk-way, I could see very nice ('unrenovated' rooms) with their guest outside on lawn chairs admiring the surf. We paid $182 a night and benefitted from an AARP discount (of $10/night). I called in before arriving to confirm my room with a credit card, and was initially worried that the last renovated 4th floor room was miss-assigned to someone else, but was immediately called by a super efficient staff member (April) who left me a message apologizing for the staff member's error and confirming that I did have the room I wanted. This impressed me! NO games, just 'we are sorry to have given you cause for worry, but not to worry, you have the room you expected'! I loved that. While there, we weren't the best guests: my children became unacceptable loud. A kind, understanding security guard came to inform us that other guests had complained. I was ultra apologetic and read the "riot act" to my kids so they'ld hush up. Again, I was super impressed. Yes, someone out there does care about everyone's hotel experience, and took care of our boisterous with the utmost charm and respect. The walls are not thin either, as we couldn't hear a thing from a family of four with active teens. The hotel's restaurant offers wonderful ocean views and served us some very nice quality breakfast dishes: such as my daughter's Croque-Madame which was very well prepared (-and is a family favorite as I grew up in a French city).
The indoor pool complex is extremely well designed and maintained. I've managed pools and could not find the tell-tale signs of mold or lack of chlorine. The zero entry smaller wading pool with a 90 degree temperature is terrific for the smaller ones. That was a great selling point and as was the hotel's proximity to a very quaint town (Florence).

THe only negative comments I could mention regarding our stay would be the quality of the elevators (they are too slow, and too small) and the soap bars (which were all together too 'gooey' and didn't actually clean).

We'll return next year and use this hotel as our base camp for visiting other coastal areas!

Room Tip: Aim for a room on the 4th floor.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My friend and I just stayed 2 nights here. Fourth floor! The view was spectacular! We had a full kitchen and the most comfortable queen-sized bed. Also used the jacuzzi--nice.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After getting out of the car (drove from Mt Shasta) and getting into our room-what a WONDERFUL view from our first floor room. It was spectacular. The food in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Service was good and the staff were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: First floor but make sure you close your blinds.
caligirlinUK
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed for one night in two interconnecting rooms. We found the rooms to be comfortable, spacious and perfect for a family. We loved the sea view and made the most of a sunny day and we even loved the misty foggy morning, we paid for breakfast at the restaurant and it was excellent. Staff are nice. We didnt use the pool but it looked great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Old Town Inn
Comfort Inn
#9 of 13 in Florence
Three Rivers Casino Resort
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge

Been to Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!