“Oceanside rooms small but clean-”

Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night arriving in the evening and checking out at 11 a.m. The location is great! Our small but clean room was located on the first floor with sliding doors opening to the beach! The service was friendly and the restaurant served surprising good food with an ocean view from the restaurant.
The hotel is dated but upkeep is good. The walls are thin and I had noisy neighbors who woke me at 11 p.m. I called security to tell them to keep it down and the security guard showed up in minutes and rectified the problem.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be oceanside with easy access (by car) to local attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor provide beach access right outside your patio doors.
1  Thank Alicia S

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way up the coast. The location was perfect, right on the beach and balcony overlooking it. The rooms are a bit dated, and small, but clean. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

1  Thank jtoorn
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel was clean. Room was small. Greetings in the office were very warm and the service very good. The room had a wall heater above the bed that went on and off all night....disturbing. It was pretty noisy and you could hear a lot in your room in the early morning hours.

Room Tip: We had ground floor and privacy is less but you can walk straight out to the beach.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've eaten several times at Driftwood Shores and have never been disappointed. Last weekend I had the chance to stay there. My sister, niece and I rented a three bedroom suite. The cost was just slightly lower than three separate single rooms and we had the bonus of a kitchen/dining room/living room area to hang out in together. For a hotel right on the beach, I was surprised at how nicely the cost compared to other local hotels. I am guessing it is because the furniture and some of the fixtures were a little outdated. However, the rooms were very clean, the bed new and comfortable, and the bathrooms were updated and nicely done. If we had neighbors to the sides of us, or above us, I did not hear them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CGrover
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very nice accommodations and friendly staff. Restaurant was a very nice surprise with great food and a good wine list. Highly suggest you stay on property and eat instead of driving into town. Sink on your private porch or balcony and enjoy the Pacific Coast of Oregon at its best.

Room Tip: Ground floor is best.
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Floor loose and squeaked loudly with each step we took.

For housekeeping, you must be out of room by 9:00 or so. If the Privacy sign is posted when they come to service your room, that's it. They don't come back and check. Poor maintenance--lights burned out in bathroom. No handicapped rooms, just make-shift temporary unsafe bars placed on tub and a hand shower brought to replace high regular shower head, which was difficult for a handicapped person to reach.

2  Thank Wavewatcher2
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped in Florence on a recommendation of a friend from Oregon. I'm so glad we didn't skip it. The hotel was wonderful. It's beachfront and the staff is friendly. We were going to arrive late at night and they were more than willing to accompany us even though I don't think they're front desk is 24 hours. It seems more like a vacation condo rental than a hotel.

Anyways, the service was great, the room was pretty big. I think we had the resort to ourselves and it was right on the beach. Unfortunately we were there in December. It's in a great location. Near the Sea Lion park and the Sand Dunes park.

The whole stay was great. I think about his place all the time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gomerk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Best Western Pier Point Inn
#12 of 13 in Florence
Adobe Resort
Adobe Resort
#5 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!