“Fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sand Master Park

Sand Master Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Sand Master Park is the world's first sandboard park. Located in the city of Florence on the beautiful Oregon coast, SMP offers 40 acres of privately owned sculpted sand dunes with a variety of beginner to advanced slopes just minutes from the Pacific ocean. Have your first sandboard lesson, rent sandboards & sleds, take a dune buggy tour, rail slides, jump ramps, learn sand sculpting, RV park camping and LOTS OF FUN!! Plan your visit today!! Don't forget to visit our newest attraction, the 'Sand Ranch Rock & Souvenir Shop' with kids mining sluice, out door rock garden and a whole bunch of cool rocks, crystals, fossils, agate and more. Located right here at Sand Master Park. The Sand Master Park store is closed for the months of January and February but the Rock Shop are open all year.
Savage, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We rented a sandboard and a sandsled from SMP. Matt was our "salesperson" and was super friendly and helpful. When there wasn't a typical sled available, he gave us an old board to try and then called us when a sled was returned. He also gave me tips on how to sandboard, since I had never tried it before. Our group of adults really enjoyed ourselves, especially on the sled. We didn't particularly enjoy the dunes behind the rental place (too small and windy), so we took Matt's suggestion and headed to Honeyman State Park. We liked it so much we took advantage of our 24 hour rental and returned the next morning. We weren't sure if we would enjoy it enough to make the walk back up after every run, but we did. We wanted another board on the 2nd day but didn't want to drive back in to town to get one from SMP, so we stopped along the side of the road for a $10 sled rental. It was a different style, definitely heavier and older, but also worked out fine for us. This guy certainly didn't have to same level of professionalism that we found at SMP, though. If you're looking for good equipment and pointers on how to have a great time riding down the dunes, go to Sand Master Park! And if you want to sled, rent one from SMP because it's big enough for two people - and riding double gets you some good speed. Be prepared to have sand everywhere when you leave.

1 Thank Melissa G
Vacationlover319, Owner at Sand Master Park, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for the great review! When are you coming back for more fun. If you time it right often you can ride with our staff after work hours. We go ride the dunes as much as possible!!

Sand Master Park

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

It was our first time sandboarding and we weren't sure what to expect. We were so impressed with the friendly staff who gave us many options. Both my kids took lessons with Beca, who is the current national champion of sandboarding, she was amazing! My kids learned a lot in 1 hour. I really recommend this place.

2 Thank Ana S
Vacationlover319, Owner at Sand Master Park, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
You are right! Sandboarding is an Awesome Time!! Thank you for posting a great review about us! We are always glad to read about our visitors who have a good time here. We try our best to make sure you do. It's a tough effort some times but worth the effort. You and your family are welcome here any time!

Sand Master Park Staff
Roseburg, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a blast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Rented boards for my three kids (ages 4, 7, 10). It was a really busy Saturday, but the staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. The owner took the time to talk to my kids, show them the sand that was collected from around the world, and give them stickers. A young man in the shop gave us the complimentary introduction on how to wax the boards, adjust the straps and tips on riding. We took the boards to Cleawox Lake because we also planned to swim that day. All three of the kids enjoyed themselves. My ten year old really took to it. He's looking forward to going sandboarding again soon. Next time, we will schedule a lesson and take advantage of the on-site sand park. I strongly recommend coming to Sand Master park. I saw signs along the highway for board rentals at a slightly cheaper price, but because of the excellent customer service, I will be a repeat customer here.

2 Thank tstevensgarcia
We are so glad that you had a blast! It's important to us that our visitors have a good time and we try our best to help them get that. Thank you for the great review too! Hopefully your crew will come back and see us again soon! We're saving you some SAND!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It is really really FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is SUPER fun. It is kind of like snow boarding, but you don't need a helmet. I had a instructor named
Becca and she was very nice, fun, and very helpful! I wend sand boarding with my family, but only with me, my brother, and my Mom. My Dad didn't go because he didn't want to. I feel bad for him, it was really FUN! There is a lot of sand dunes that you can go on and there is like 50 miles of them said the guy at the counter. I went sand boarding for about 2 hours. It is my new favorite sport. About 1 hour of it was training and learning how to do most of the basic things like how to balance when you are going down the dunes.

2 Thank LMLarso
Vacationlover319, Owner at Sand Master Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for the great review and for your visit! We are glad you had a good time. Come back and visit us soon!

The Sand Master Park staff
oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Liked the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We tried sandboarding for the first time today - drove down from Newport. It was very windy so the boarding was challenging, but we really liked SMP and will be back! Good people and equipment. We know we can get boards a little cheaper elsewhere but will not go anywhere else.

2 Thank sunnybeach6
Vacationlover319, Owner at Sand Master Park, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to your next visit!!