“Great View, Great Food, Great Prices!”
Review of Waterfront Depot

Waterfront Depot
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We feature. We offer a full-service bar with a variety of regional and international wines as well as a selection of exciting martinis and specialty drinks, like Bill's Flaming Spanish Coffee, to compliment your meal. From the sophistication of our house favorite, Crab Encrusted Halibut, to the cozy warm satisfaction of our burger and fries, you're sure to find a dish to fit your desires at The Waterfront Depot. We use only the best local, organic beef and free-range chicken in our entrees. Our skilled culinary staff prepares all our menu items daily, guaranteeing you the freshest, most flavorful experience on the Central Oregon Coast. Atmosphere. Nestled on the river's shore, we offer a warm, cozy view of the Siuslaw River and the Siuslaw River bridge. Summer dining cafe-style outdoors on our weathered patio seats you right at the water's edge. Year-round dining inside offers you a beautiful river view with an urban touch, a perfect place for winter storm watching. Our history. The Waterfront Depot is housed in the old Mapleton Train Station. Saved from demolition over 40 years ago, this historic building found its new home on the shore of the Siuslaw river a stone's throw from the Siuslaw River Bridge. The old train station's warm, classic qualities offer a perfect counter balance to the sophisticated, urban atmosphere I've created in The Waterfront Depot.
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Hotel Manager recommended coming here for dinner. Reservations are a must and we are so glad we did. Herb crusted halibut was wonderful and was only $11. It even included a salad. Rustic Cream of Mushroom Soup was lovely. Took home a Marion Berry cake. Not one morsel was left. We loved this place. Staff was professional and friendly, upbeat. Menu was outstanding.

1  Thank shiraz3590
There are newer reviews for Waterfront Depot

Reviewed July 20, 2010

This was excellent. Some of the best food I've ever had for a great price. If you don't get an appetizer or drinks, you could easily get out of there for $10.00-15.00/person. We had mojitos, crab-encrusted halibut, and calamari. All was great but the halibut was to-die-for. I would not go to the Oregon coast without having it. I would even recommend ordering two entrees of it instead of an appetizer!

Also, beautiful view of the river...sit by the window if you can and reservations are a must!

1  Thank oscar675
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Our son and family treated us to dinner at the Waterfront Depot in Florence for our 50th Anniversary trip. I fell in love with the view of the river on a trip years ago, but this was our first visit to the Waterfront Depot. Its history, friendly staff, and fabulous food & drink made the evening special. Just to sit and watch the activity in this tiny depot restaurant as they have to leave an area to make room for someone else to move by with drinks or food. I was presented with a beautiful rose and a typed letter from our son and family. You must try to get in to this place, but remember, they are always busy!

Reviewed July 2, 2010

First of all, reservations are essential here. It's a small place and apparently very popular with the locals. Even with a reservation we had to wait about 1/2 hour for a table to open up for 3.

The food was excellent and a great value. We shared crab-stuffed mushrooms with some of the sweetest crabmeat I have ever had and barbecued shrimp. The crab-encrusted halibut was excellent, as was the Portugese Marisco, a fish and shellfish mixture in a tomato-saffron broth. The salmon was good but not great.

1  Thank ChrisMaurer
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We were staying a few nights in Yachats and I decided to check TripAdvisor for some restaurant ideas in nearby Florence. I am so glad I did! I followed suggestions and ordered the crab-stuffed halibut. People are not lying when they say this is awesome! The sauce is fabulous. I always love halibut, but this was just delicious. I could not believe the prices. The prices are comparable to any random casual fish place along the coast, but the restaurant sits along the waterfront and the atmosphere is nothing like you'd find in any of those places. My halibut accompanied with a caesar salad was cheaper than the fish and chips I had the night before!

I called three days ahead, and they did not have any available reservations for the time we wanted, so make sure you call plenty of time ahead. We got a reservation an hour earlier than we wanted, but we had a riverfront table and it was great. My husband even saw a river otter while eating. Our table was not ready when we arrived, but we only had to wait about 10 minutes for our table to be ready.

Another reviewer mentioned that they felt rushed here, and I felt anything but. It was very busy and there were people waiting, but I didn't feel in a hurry at all. In fact, I felt like they really took their time with us and gave us plenty of time. We had one cocktail, an appetizer, and then dinner. The cocktail was good, and the crab cake was great! We chose dessert to go because it looked good, but I just didn't have the room to eat it there. The mexican chocolate cake was awesome when I had it a few hours later.

There are quite a few restaurants along the riverfront in Florence, and this one is at the end of the street. I felt bad for the people who were too hungry to wait until they got to the end as they really missed out on a good meal! I highly recommend it and it will be added to our list of must visit restaurants while on the Oregon coast.

1  Thank azlv