“Best restaurant in Florence!”

Waterfront Depot Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 72 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer a full-service bar with a variety of regional and international wines as well as a selection of exciting martinis and specialty drinks, like Bill's Flaming Spanish Coffee, to compliment your meal. From the sophistication of our house favorite, Crab Encrusted Halibut, to the cozy warm satisfaction of our burger and fries, you're sure to find a dish to fit your desires at The Waterfront Depot. We use only the best local, organic beef and free-range chicken in our entrees. Our skilled culinary staff prepares all our menu items daily, guaranteeing you the freshest, most flavorful experience on the Central Oregon Coast.
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Great service, great atmosphere, super delicious food, what more can you ask For? Winter is the best time to go if you don't want to buck the crowds. In the summertime this restaurant is very busy which is a testament to their outstanding service and food. My favorite is the boy-gur. Super tasty hamburger with all the fixens and a cibatta roll. Heaven....

Date of visit: April 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

I was going to give it a five but the steak was over cooked and full of thick strips of fat and payed extra for sauce and it was left off. The potatoes were cool. The breads were fresh and the mushroom were great. The cake was on the house and wonderful

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Was on my way back from Eureka to PDX and stopped overnight in Florence. Looks like there are a number of good restaurants to eat in nearby and I had already scoped out The Waterfront Depot as the place to eat dinner. I wasn't disappointed. Having driven through Florence on 101 before I didn't even know there was an Old Town section on the water. This was a great find. Comfortable, casual atmosphere, great bartender and really good, fresh food. In warmer weather, they also have outdoor tables overlooking the water. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

Located in Old Town Florence inside the historic Mapleton Train Depot Building. It's a cozy, quaint space with views of the Siuslaw River and bridge. Our appetizers and dinner were really delicious and the staff is top notch. It's a great place to sit at the bar and have a martini (many martinis were made while we were there) or eat dinner. It opens at 4 and fills up quickly. I would recommend calling for reservations.

Reviewed April 12, 2017

We decided on the spur of the moment to try this restaurant again. Last spring/summer, not good at all.
We had no reservation but it was a Thursday evening, no holiday, and not summer. We got seated immediately at the bar, as we requested. The bartender was attentive, informative, and nice. My husband, on the bartender's recommendation, ordered the Razor Clams and I ordered the Fish and Chips. We also had salads and a slice of cake for dessert.
My husband is still raving about the razor clams, Best Ever! I have been sampling fish and chips at various locations for the past year. I loved these - great taste, big pieces, not greasy. I took half of my dinner home.
We will be back.