“Decieving appearences”

Waterfront Depot
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We feature. We offer a full-service bar with a variety of regional and international wines as well as a selection of exciting martinis and specialty drinks, like Bill's Flaming Spanish Coffee, to compliment your meal. From the sophistication of our house favorite, Crab Encrusted Halibut, to the cozy warm satisfaction of our burger and fries, you're sure to find a dish to fit your desires at The Waterfront Depot. We use only the best local, organic beef and free-range chicken in our entrees. Our skilled culinary staff prepares all our menu items daily, guaranteeing you the freshest, most flavorful experience on the Central Oregon Coast. Atmosphere. Nestled on the river's shore, we offer a warm, cozy view of the Siuslaw River and the Siuslaw River bridge. Summer dining cafe-style outdoors on our weathered patio seats you right at the water's edge. Year-round dining inside offers you a beautiful river view with an urban touch, a perfect place for winter storm watching. Our history. The Waterfront Depot is housed in the old Mapleton Train Station. Saved from demolition over 40 years ago, this historic building found its new home on the shore of the Siuslaw river a stone's throw from the Siuslaw River Bridge. The old train station's warm, classic qualities offer a perfect counter balance to the sophisticated, urban atmosphere I've created in The Waterfront Depot.
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

This place has great food and a unique menu. Service is a bit slow, took about 45 mins to get our order taken. But well worth the wait. The joint is hopping and always busy. Great views of the inlet and bridge if yiu can be lucky enough to get a window seat. Best call ahead but don't pass it by. Get a drink and relax. Theres outside dinning in better weather.

There are newer reviews for Waterfront Depot

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The food is excellent. The service is great. The location is historical and has a beautiful view of the bay! Make reservations on the weekend because it fills up. Defiantly a good spot.

1  Thank 9ftinfinity
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been hearing about the Waterfront Depot and how wonderful it is for over a year now, so we decided to finally give it a try. We are so glad we tried this place, and cannot wait for some friends and family to come visit us so we can take them here! We started the meal off with the crab cakes, then my boyfriend had the surf and turf and I had the crab encrusted halibut. The steak was cooked to perfection and the prawns with his meal were huge! My halibut was quite good, however very rich after eating the crab cake. Thank you for a wonderful meal and experience, we will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank Shannon E
Reviewed November 25, 2012

.. but this is a cool place. It's situated on the Siuslaw river and I mean right on the river with a view of the draw bridge. The food is good ( try the seafood ) and the drinks are good too! It's not real big so it does get crowded and since it's popular you may not get a seat for a while on a busy weekend.

1  Thank DoctorDune
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We arrived without a reservation and were seated, but I would recommend a reservation. The menu is all on a chalkboard on the wall - they select meals based on availablility of local foods. The service was excellent. The food was excellent. Our waiter brought me a small piece of Costa Rican wedding cake (he said it was because I cleaned my plate) - it was amazing and I ended up ordering a bigger piece. We left full and very pleased.