“What a find!”

Waterfront Depot Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We feature. We offer a full-service bar with a variety of regional and international wines as well as a selection of exciting martinis and specialty drinks, like Bill's Flaming Spanish Coffee, to compliment your meal. From the sophistication of our house favorite, Crab Encrusted Halibut, to the cozy warm satisfaction of our burger and fries, you're sure to find a dish to fit your desires at The Waterfront Depot. We use only the best local, organic beef and free-range chicken in our entrees. Our skilled culinary staff prepares all our menu items daily, guaranteeing you the freshest, most flavorful experience on the Central Oregon Coast. Atmosphere. Nestled on the river's shore, we offer a warm, cozy view of the Siuslaw River and the Siuslaw River bridge. Summer dining cafe-style outdoors on our weathered patio seats you right at the water's edge. Year-round dining inside offers you a beautiful river view with an urban touch, a perfect place for winter storm watching. Our history. The Waterfront Depot is housed in the old Mapleton Train Station. Saved from demolition over 40 years ago, this historic building found its new home on the shore of the Siuslaw river a stone's throw from the Siuslaw River Bridge. The old train station's warm, classic qualities offer a perfect counter balance to the sophisticated, urban atmosphere I've created in The Waterfront Depot.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was our first time to Florence and first time to Oregon Coast so we had no idea where to eat dinner. We walked in off the street (with no reservations) and was able to sit at the bar. Amazing food and service. Bartender was awesome and we got to chat with the locals, who by the way loved this place too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wow, found this little jewel on the river front, it was packed, didn't have a reservation, lucked out as they had a cancellation, it's small so not lots of tables. Well , the food is fantastic, Bonnie was our server and really attentive, she also made me a Jalapeno Marguerita , that was the best I've ever had, hot and spicy, I really recommend everyone try this drink, and the food was so good, a must if you're in old town Florence.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

this interesting little place was totally packed on a Tuesday night in off season! Why? Well, the food is great, the prices reasonable, the atmosphere charming and the service excellent (thank you Bonnie for your cheerful and efficient service). Every town deserves a Waterfront Depot. However, only Florence has one, so if you are in Florence, want to eat excellent food in a charming place, go to this place, in an old building, in Old Town. We really enjoyed our dinner..we'll be back!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed two nights in Florence and ate here both nights it was so good. The first night we went on the Trip Advisor reviews and showed up without a reservation and barely got in. We were lucky to get a seat at the bar and to start the service was slow and I was prepared to walk out. Finally a rush settled down and from here on service was great. I ate the crab encrusted halibut while my wife had the seafood sampler. Both were excellent....so good I was going to eat the halibut again the second night, however, I went for the flat iron steak and my wife had the halibut. Again, excellent. I would not go to Florence and miss eating here. One of the best quality/value restaurant experiences I have ever experienced.

1  Thank Cam_and_Laura
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We chose this restaurant based both on tripadvisor reviews and a recommendation from our hotel, and were certainly not disappointed. It is in a great location right on the river, a beautifully cozy place with an extensive, and very reasonably priced (blackboard) menu. We both had one of their specialties, which was a Portuguese seafood stew - it was outstanding. It left us no room for desert, but we did see incredibly large slices of great looking cakes being served to others. Our dinner here was certainly one of the highlights of a five-day road trip along the California, Oregon and Washington coastline.