“By far the best dining experience in Florence......”

La Pomodori Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open for Lunch 11:30 to 2:00 Tuesday though Friday for Lunch Open for Dinner at 5pm Tuesday though Saturday We are closed Sunday and Monday
Eugene, Oregon
“By far the best dining experience in Florence......”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

That's right, I said the best dining experience in Florence. The quality and presentation of each selection is scrumptiously delightful. One of my favorites is the coho salmon with a delicate dill sauce (yummy) served with risotto and a vegetable de jour (tonight it was roasted brussel sprouts). The desserts are divine and made in house by Linda - one of my favorites is the toasted coconut cheesecake. Every detail is well-thought out which makes the service exceptional.

• Visited October 2013

Glendale, Or
“Mangia! Mangia! @ La Pomodori Ristorante!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Normally I do not review Italian restaurants. The reason being I have owned one and was trained by the five star chef we imported from Italy. So even in San Francisco, I have been disappointed more often than not. So I took a leap of faith having lunch at La Pomodori Ristorante in Florence Oregon and was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the 'Sweet Chile Pesce'... Pacific Snapper encrusted with panko breading,
finished with a sweet chile bruschetta over linguini.

The restaurant is small and intimate with a clean minimalist decor and no pretentious Italian art or the usual overdone attempts at trying to create a "little Italy."

I ordered the salad instead of soup, which was european greens , tomatoes, red onions and a great raspberry vinaigrette. (I saved half for desert!)

The snapper was better than I had hoped for as I had tried another recommended spot in Florence and their version was very disappointing. The flavor was excellent! The sweet & spicy chile did not overpower the fish and the breading was perfect. Large slivers of fresh shaved Parmesan with a hint of garlic and fused with encrusted panko breading...sweet chile bruschetta... made a great marriage. The linguine was done to my liking also (medium-well al dente) and at $11, I was pleased to make dinner reservations so I can bring our readers an in-depth review on their traditional Veal and Pasta dishes, and their Cioppino. So far, it looks like I have found a first class Italian Ristorante in Florence, Oregon.
- See more at: http://www.deltanewsandreview.com/2013/10/a-review-la-pomodori-ristorante-in.html#sthash.sPi9s3ES.dpuf

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank steven m
Florence, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful and Delicious!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We came up here from Ashland and we thoroughly enjoyed the service, the food and the environs. Linda, the owner, is totally hands on and strives to create a warm and comfortable dining area. Our server was excellent. We loved the fact that they used an iPad to take our order. The appetizers were excellent and the mud pie dessert was wonderful. We had to skip the main courses only because we were too full after eating crapcakes, shrimp, and the caprese salad.

You know it's a good restaurant when the locals outnumber the out-of-towners.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Fleaf2
Brenham, TX
“Outstanding dinner”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had two nights in florence. Our dinner here was outstanding! I had the special, crusted fresh red snapper with creamy risotto and the mud pie was amazing...owner Linda was delightful and makes most of the desserts herself. I highly recommend this restaurant .

• Visited August 2013
Florence, Oregon
“Superb Menu, Delicious Food, Great Atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have dined at La Pomodori several times lately and the food has been absolutely superb. They have a varied menu with excellent choices for everyone. Their bruschetta is the best we have ever had. They have many excellent pasta dishes and also steaks and other meat dishes. My favorite is the Stuffed Porkchop with a Rasberry Chipotle sauce. The soups, all made by Linda, are always excellent and savory. The salads are fresh, full of flavor and very well presented. If you still have room for dessert, you won't be disappointed. This restaurant is one of the great assets of Florence, Oregon. Plan ahead, make a reservation!

• Visited August 2013