“Good food, quaint setting and great service”

La Pomodori Ristorante
Ranked #16 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open for Lunch 11:30 to 2:00 Tuesday though Friday for Lunch Open for Dinner at 5pm Tuesday though Saturday We are closed Sunday and Monday
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Pleasantly surprised. We were worried about being under dressed but found this place to be comfortable and welcomed. Great service and the food was fresh and well presented. Not over priced at all. Would definitely go back next visit!

3  Thank Tami K

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have gone to La Pomodori Ristornate numerous times, always a great meal. They make a wonderful crisp caesar salad with a good amount of garlic. The atmosphere is quiet and quaint, and great service. One of Florence's best restaurants.

1  Thank Annejmaxwell
Reviewed July 26, 2013

when driving from Washington to California our first day stop is usually the little river front town of Florence, OR. For years we have eaten at the Waterfront Depot, an amazingly good restaurant in Florence. It is usually jammed and this time we couldn't get a reservation. We went to La Pomodori, instead. What a wonderful surprise! It is Italianish in cuisine. I had the evening special, sea scallops and pasta. My wife had rockfish with panko. Both were wonderful. Salads and soups were great, and both the cheese cake and creme brûlée were outstanding.

Linda, who owns the restaurant and has for ten years, is hands on with everything, including being our server. La Pomodori only seats 42, so it is quiet and cozy. Although we really like the Waterfront Depot, it is sometimes hard to get into, and is noisy. La Pomodori will be our new favorite restaurant in our bi-annual trek from the Northwest.

2  Thank BobPortTownsend
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had fettuccini with shrimp. A delicious house salad came with the pasta. It was dressed perfectly with a citrus dressing. The chef makes each serving specially for each customer so spices may be adjusted to suit each person and the wait staff is gentle, expecting to taylor the dishes to the diner. Overall, it was a lovely provincial lunch in a friendly setting among caring providers.

1  Thank Shadow9301
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I don't rate many restaurants because I have owned a few and I feel I can be too harsh. However, this restaurant is absolutely the best meal I have ever had in the state of Oregon. The selection was broad enough to be interesting and short enough to keep you from distraction. The food was perfect and I would not change a thing. We visited the area both going up and coming down the Oregon coast and all four meals were just excellent. Between all the stops we sampled most of the lunch menu and we were all just stunned at how good it was, then the bill came and we were again surprised that it was so reasonable. The pasta was between al dente` and "American" which is my preference since I can't digest some of the al dente' levels in Italian places but also don't want a plate of mush. The chicken, meatballs and fish were all cooked by a professional and not the typical line chef garbage that passes for cooking in so many places. I really enjoyed the size and composition of the salads, nicely done and really fresh on every day we came.
We did not try for dinner since the place can be busy at night, but if you know you are going to Florence call for a reservation. The place is tiny (a former home I believe) immaculate and nicely restored. I cannot imagine a trip through Florence without a meal or even two here.

2  Thank K M