“Decent food, but skip the side of rodent!”
Review of Bay Street Grill

Bay Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bay Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 95 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

First time, last time! Stopped in for dinner tonight with my family. We were reasonably happy with the food, although there were significant upcharges for add-ons and substitutions. However, when a mouse ran across the dining room floor, we were shocked when the server seemed unconcerned! "Well, they come up from the dock," she said. Clearly, she'd seen them before. She didn't apologize or offer to comp our meal! It's alarming to think of rodents in a restaurant, but it's horrifying to see this cavalier attitude from customer-facing staff in a town that depends on tourists. This type of behavior puts all Florence's businesses in jeopardy, and the town should deal with it!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I ordered simple sandwiches. I requested avocado on my sandwich (at extra cost) - there were a few tiny slivers cleverly hidden under the sparse lettuce. The server brought me a few slices in a bowl, but we could hear the cook arguing about providing more. We both requested sourdough bread, but received white bread. There are better restaurants in Florence.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Ugh! I'm shocked by how bad and expensive my GF halibut fish and chips were. They were frozen, out of a box, then seriously overcooked and inedible. But they cost $17!!!! I was excited to see the extensive GF menu... Unlike any I've seen... which is why I ordered breaded fish instead of my usual salad. So sadly disappointed! My husband's burger was not so good (frozen and pre-formed) and my daughter didn't like her pasta sauce (probably out of a jar). My son said his fish sticks were over battered and bland. The sweet potato fries and regular fries were good, although quite salty. Service was pretty good and we liked some of the decor, although table was a bit sticky. As with the other restaurants on the riverfront, it was really overpriced. It's pricey and touristy... but not sure where else to eat in Florence.

1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I ate here twice on my recent vacation to Florence. I had lunch with a friend and ordered one of the salads. It was good and the service was good. But when I went back for dinner the next evening, the service was really slow. The food was good; I think I had the shrimp scampi. There were only two waitresses and all the tables were filled. Our plates weren't cleared after our meal. By about 9pm on a Saturday night the place was empty and now I understand why.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

While visiting Florence this weekend (08/09/2013), my wife and I were walking around Old Town windwo shopping. After eating at Lelly's Cantina, we walked around and landed at the Bay Street Grill. What a delight! GREAT tap list and my wife had a great Sauvignon Blanc. Fun time at the lottery machines and hanging with the locals. The gals behind the bar are a kick-in-the-pants! Will definitely be back!